Living Purdy- Can't Sleep This Off

My dad parked the car in the lot and yelled at me and Cayden to go get a test. We walked in and spotted the isle off the bat.

"Which one?!" Cayden grabbed two random boxes

"Both! We'll get the same result! Let's go." We ran up to the counter paying for the tests and got back in the car. Cayden and I ran up the steps to the main bathroom where I started those dreaded tests.

"You better have one strong bladder girl!" my dad yelled upstairs. Oh, shut up! "And Cayden you better be wearing a cup!" Ugh! Why does this happen to me?!

"Autumn? Are you okay?" I walked out of the bathroom and say Brooke standing there

"Well I took two different tests. Now all we do is wait, where's Cayden? I want him with me."

"Over here! Ouch!" Cayden walked out of the closet and sat next to me

"What were you doing in the closet?" I asked

"Being prepared when the results come in. Your dad will be coming in this room, right?" I pushed the thought of what my dad might do out of my head. Please don't be positive.

"Its been five minutes. Let's check these things" Brooke said stepping into the bathroom.

"Brooke, tell me! I can't look!" I shut my eyes saying a small prayer

"...Positive.." I heard from Brooke, I opened my eyes and snatched the tests from her hands. She wasn't pulling any game, they were positive. That damn little pink plus sign!

"Should I go back in the closet?" Cayden asked

"Yes!" Brooke and I yelled

"Did those tests come back?" my dad asked walking in

"Uh..uhh nope! Not done!" Brooke hid them behind her back

"Yes they did! Let me see them!" my dad yanked one from Brooke's grip and stared at me. "Positive!?! Positive Autumn?! Where's that sperm producing freak!?"

"Ahh! Oh my god!!" Cayden screamed running down the stairs outside. My dad dropped the test and ran after him.

"You don't think he'll really kill Cayden, do you?" Brooke asked looking at me. We looked at each other for a few seconds and then bolted out the door.

"Ashley! Don't kill him! He's still young!" My dad had Cayden pinned down on the ground and was screaming in his face.

"Dad, knock it off!" I yelled grabbing the back of his shirt

"Dude! Stop it!" I looked over and saw CC prying my dad off Cayden. When did he show up?!

"CC?!" my dad yelled "what are you doing here?!"

"I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd visit you guys. But you were out here killing Cayden?" he said confused

"He got Autumn pregnant again! Obviously, I made a wrong choice of letting them sleep together! Ugh, I'm going out!"

"Oh! No you're not! Not after last time!" Brooke yanked back my dad's shirt.

"Come on, man. We'll go out for drive. Take your mind of this. Brooke, don't worry I'll keep watch on him." CC said walking to the driveway with my dad.

"I'm trusting you, CC" Brooke said going inside. I looked over and saw Cayden sitting at our patio table. There was no physical damage, but there was a load of emotional damage.

"Cayden? Are you alright?" I asked sitting on his lap

"We should of never had sex! And I pushed you to do it! We have Audrey..and can barely afford her! Now, we're having another baby! I don't know Autumn? I think you should consider-"

"No! No, I am NOT killing a human being! It's my body, my decision. And what I choose..well I just hope you can support it!" I got off Cayden's lap and locked myself in my room.

Ashley's POV

CC and I drove out past the beach and ended up in the desert. We were laying on the hood of his car, just shooting the breeze.

"So, Autumn's pregnant again?" he asked

"Yeah, and I was going to let her get engaged to Cayden. They're adults, hell! I was even going to help them with their first small apartment!" I confessed

"Engaged?! She's still young, dude"

"Yes, engaged. Brooke said I need to let Autumn be an adult. I thought about it and was going to give them my consent, but now? It seems like when everything starts to get normal, it gets fucked up!"

"Well, you're doing one hell of a job being a dad! I mean I know nothing about kids and teens, but you got it down!" CC patted my shoulder.

"Thanks, CC" I sighed laying back against the windshield. No rest for me and my family.

Autumn's POV

I was laying face down on my bed just thinking about all this trouble brewing up again. Me being pregnant, my dad hates Cayden, hold off on my school. Aggh!

"Autumn? Can we talk?" it was Cayden. I'm in no mood to hear his mouth

"No. Go downstairs or something. I'll decide when I wanna talk to you" I spat at the door. I sighed burying my face in a pillow screaming. Somebody up there hates me, I know it.