Living Purdy- Graduation Day

Autumn's POV

Well today I graduate from the dreaded high school and march forward to adult life. I'll be enrolling in community college and engage in my study of needles. Needles? You ask, well I'm going to be a tattoo artist and hopefully one day open my own shop.

I looked in the mirror one last time and adjusted my cap and gown. I was ready to do this. Cayden is graduating with me too and succeeded to make the high honors class.

"Wow, I can't believe you're graduating!" I turned around and saw my dad standing there smiling.

"Yep, no more pulling me out of bed for school" I laughed sitting on my bed. "Am I going to be okay? Out there in the real world?"

"Of course! You're going to do great! I know you are" my dad walked over and hugged me.

"Ashley? Come on we have to get going!" Brooke hollered up the steps.

"She's right. Come on we gotta get you and Cayden to the events center." My dad and I walked downstairs and out to the car. The whole time I was in the car I was shaking, Cayden took notice of this and held my hand.

"You'll be fine" he leaned over whispering "I promise." I smiled slightly at him and stared out the window again.

An hour later into our ceremony it was time for the diplomas to be handed out. My row got up and walked towards the stage, I was beyond nervous. What if I trip over my feet? Or fall down the steps walking off?

"Autumn Purdy" our counselor called snapping me out of the negative thoughts. I walked up the small steps and shook hands with my principal while he handed me my diploma.

I shook hands with a few more people from the school board and walked off feeling proud and relieved. Glad that's over with.

We all tossed our caps up and headed outside to be reunited with our relatives again.

"Autumn! I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!" Brooke ran up to me squeezing my body tight

"Brooke..I can't breathe" I choked out. She laughed letting me go and once again I was constricted by several pairs of arms. CC's, my dad's, Cayden's, Andy's, Jake's, and Jinxx's.

"Guys! You're..cru..crushing me!"

"Alright! Way to go Autumn!" CC yelled picking me up and spinning me. I think I'm gonna puke.

"CC, you better put her down" Jake warned. I was set down on my feet and Brooke started snapping pictures..and crying.

"Autumn?" I turned around and could have fainted.