Chapter XX The End

Tezuka Pov

I had walked back the team and placed my things down. Everyone just stayed quite and waited for me to tell them what happened. But even I don't know what happened. 'Why did I say that to her?' a while later  heard my phone go off, seeing as i wasn't in the mood, Oishi picked it up and answered for me.

"Tezuka it's ryoma, here. oops i put it on speaker-"

"Boucho, Ryo-neechan is getting married." Oishi almost dropped the phone as the whole team gasped, myself included. "I called you not the team."

"Sorry Echizen, I answered for Tezuka and accidentally pressed speaker." Oishi apologized and I just sighed. I got up and grabbed the phone from Oishi.

"Well, I guess everyone should know."

"Echizen?" I gulped. "If this is a joke-"

"Tezuka, my sister is getting married. This isn't some joke, why do you seem to care so much? I only called to invite you to the wedding. Ja ne." I looked at my phone and almost dropping it on the ground. but then Ryoma called again. "Neechan is marrying Yukimura, she seems fine now seeing as he's her first love. Enjoy the wedding!" My phone was still stuck on speakers but i had answered to Ryoma's dissapointing new. "Good thing you're not together anymore. The wedding is next month. Hope you're all there senpai's." I closed my phone, a strong pain was whelling up in my chest. 'Why should i care if she's getting married? I broke it off..' I turned around to the team as they were talking amongst themselves, well really they were yelling. I sat down next to oishi, the only not going crazy. 

"Tezuka, it's okay."

"What are you talking about Oishi?"

"Just talk to Ryoko, i know you can work things out."

"I don't need to work things out with her. I am happy i broke it off, she was only getting in the way of my tennis."

"But Tezuka, you're crying." I kept my stoic face, but i could feel the tears run down my face, i wiped them with my sleeve as i grabbed my things to leave. "Tezuka-"

"I have to get home to study."

One very sad month later

I kept fixing my tie over and over again as the team were acting like girls, all of them excited for today. Ryoko's wedding day. I sighed and walked over to coach ryuzaki who was talking to a man wearing a monk's robe. 

"Tezuka, why do you keep fixing your tie? You look fine, unless you're trying to look your best so you can steal the bride?" Couch Ryuzaki teased me and i looked away blushing. This entire month she had been saying the same thing, i wasn't trying to get ryoko back.

"I just want to look my best as the team's captain."

"Sure."

"Tezuka?" I looked the monk man as he stared at me for a while. "Oh, i met you when ryoko ran away. Atobe tried to hit you because...." I looked at him and realized he was ryoko's dad. When she ran awayy i hadn't really been paying attention to anyone else there. "So you're the one who broke my daughter's heart?"

"No way, it's the other way around since ryoko is getting married now. Look how heartbroken tezuka is. And it's all your fault."

"Ryoko made her choice, both her and yukimura could have said they didn't want to get married. It was just a joke between me and yukimura's father when we were drunk one night after our match."

"You mean that it's pretty much all a lie? Ryoko doesn't have to get married?"

"Of course not." Hearing this i ran towards the back of echizen's house looking for ryoko. What i hadn't realized was that both ryoko's dad and couch ryuzaki said all those things on purpose.