Chapter III

"Mada mada dane." I smirked, seeing Ryoma switch to his left hand. 

"Ah! The left hand!" I overheard a girl with pigtails say. My smirk grew even bigger as I saw all the Seigaku regulars from the most serious faces I had ever seen. After a while, Ryoma and Kaidoh were starting to get really sweaty. 

"Kaidoh-senpai, you sure are sweating a lot." Ryoma smirked, getting another point from Kaidoh. The score now being 40-30. 

"It's a good match." Fuji and I said simultaneously as the rest of the regulars kept watching intently. In just a few minutes, Ryoma won a game and I saw a smirk on his face. 

"The snake... It's....Buggy..Whip..Shot! Here it comes!" Ryoma said returning Kaidoh-kun's ball with a buggy whip shot. 

"It was the snake..." Eiji said. 

"How did he?!" Kawamura was shocked, along with the rest of the crowd. 

"Hehe, the buggy whip shot is a move using the centrifugal force you put a high spin in the ball starting a loop from bottom to top. Like Kaidoh-kun's snake." I commented, explaining to the trio who were very confused. 

"Kaidoh-senpai, this is pretty complicated. Just recently...by chance, I read an article that described this technique." Ryoma said moving his left arm. "I just tried to see, but it's harder than it looks." That brat, I thought smiling. After Ryoma won, everyone was surprised and happy. Except for Kaidoh-kun. He started hitting his knees with his racket. 

"He's always the same..." Fuji smiled, as we saw the blood from Kaidoh's knee splatter on his racket. Ryoma walked over giving him his hand. 

"Handshake." Kaidoh turned to see Ryoma's extended hand, but Kaidoh walked away. "Sorry about that..."

"I won't give up my spot. Never!" Kaidoh angrily spoke. I smiled handing Kaidoh a water bottle. 

"Nice job Kaidoh-kun, I really like your snake shot." Trying to cheer up Kaidoh was almost like mission impossible. 

"Thanks." He said walking off, his cheeks turning a light pink. I smiled overhearing Eiji say that the only undefeated players were Inui and Ryoma. "So how did you guys like chibisuke's playing?" 

"That was something." Fuji commented. "Can you play tennis as well?" 

"Who me?" I felt everyone's eyes on me. "Haha. No way..." I felt an intense state come from Inui, but decided to ignore it. 

Fuji's Pov

We had all left the freshmen to clean up and headed inside. 

"Inui, what's on your mind?" I asked, feeling intrigued.  

"Echizen's sister, Ryoko. She lied about playing tennis..." Inui spoke, earning curious looks from the regulars. 

"Eh??? What do you mean Inui-senpai?!" Momoshiro yelled. 

"She's played in the U.S Open before..." Inui spoke, reaching for a magazine in his bag. "Look." The magazine had Ryoko-chan, interviewed for attending the U.S Open at such a young age. "Though, there's nothing about any of her matches."

"What do you think, Tezuka?" I asked, looking at the serious look on his face. "If she's that good then we should get her to join the tennis team."

"We should!" Screamed Eiji and Momo. 

"But guys, if she lied then she must have done it for a good reason." Oishi worriedly said. 

"Yeah guys, we shouldn't pry into we business." Kawamura nervously said before I put a racket in his hand. "BURNING! We should ask her to join us!!!!" 

"Fuji, why did you do that?" Tezuka asked giving me a doubtful look. 

"Aren't you curious as well? You seem to be interested in her, Tezuka." I smirked, noticing the others turn their attention towards us. 

"Tezuka-boucho, do you like Ryoko-chan??" Momo and Eiji were looking at Tezuka like girls. I chuckled seeing Tezuka tense up. 

"Yeah Tezuka, do you like her?" I chuckled some more hearing the other regulars bother him. 

"Extra Laps tomorrow morning!" Tezuka said leaving us laughing.