purgatory, who would have thought?

this chapter is written by my great friend, kaiteliyn ,she has been my editor of some sorts. she reads the chapters before they ever get published. anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

"I'm worried about him," I looked over at Bobby as we walked down the hallway of the safe room. Ever since Cas had let down the bridge in Sam's head both Bobby had been trying his best to stay composed, but I knew on the inside that he was a complete and utter mess. Looking at the door that led to Sam and Dean I grabbed Bobby's arm and stopped him.

"Which one?" I gave a small laugh trying to make the situation better. Bobby smiled at me, but his eyes gave away that I hadn't helped the mood.

"Both of them. Sam is going to be going through mental hell that he doesn't understand, while Dean will put himself in mental hell just to help his brother. I don't know which one I'm more worried about."

Nodding I gave him a small smile, what he said was true and I knew that no words I could say would truly give him comfort, hell I was freaking out too but this wasn't the time for me to ask for comfort as well, "They're strong, they'll get through this and so will we."

With that we both made our way into hell pit of worry. Stepping into the room the first thing I noticed was Sam laying down on the cot, it always amazed me how the giant was able to fit into a bed properly. Then looking up I saw Dean pacing around a mix of dread and fear was plagued on his face and I felt my heart break for him. I couldn't imagine what state of mind I would be in if this was happening to my brother. I made my way over to him and as I did my ears finally picked up on the music playing on the radio, The Rolling Stones, "Play With Fire", which I couldn't help but think that it fit this situation perfectly. "What a fitting song," I dryly chuckled but when Dean and Bobby both gave me death stares I realized my mistake. Putting my hands up I sighed, "My bad, just trying to lighten the mood guys."

Rolling his eyes Bobby looked at Dean, "Anything?" I watched as Dean shook his head and turned to walk away, he was upset and everyone im the room- besides Sam- could tell, "I can't just sit here Bobby. I've got to help him." I rolled my eyes and looked at both of them, Bobby and Dean, knowing that this wasn't going to go well. Bobby was going to try to talk Dean out of trying to help him, and with his stubborn ass Dean would never listen. And that is exactly what insured.

As they argued I crouched down next to Sam's sleeping body and traced my finger down his face. I knew nothing would happen but I still couldn't help myself from hoping I was wrong. He looked so peaceful sleeping that if you had told me something was wrong with him I would say you were lying. "Why did this have to happen now? Why couldn't Cas wait until after Purgatory to be a dick? Is that too much to ask?" I whispered to myself, as I finally stood up and paid attention to the two bickering guys conversation.

"...I'm down one man. I can't afford to be down two," Bobby insisted to Dean, aggressively pointing at Sam. I couldn't help agree with him, it may be hard but Dean needed to snap out of his pity party, just for a little bit, because there's no way we can help Sam while also dealing with the Purgatory mess. As Dean countered Bobby back I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head before snapping at him.
"Look Dean, I know your pissed off. Frankly so am I, but we can't focus on that too much right now or else we are playing into Cas's hands. Can't you see that?" My eyes connected with Dean's as I tried to get him too listen to me. But as he started to speak up I could tell he didn't agree with me.

Bobby looked at me and then Dean, making his way over to the desk and poured himself a glass of whiskey while saying "Belle's right Dean. This is exactly what Cas wants, for you to fall to pieces. Try to think of what Sam wants." with that he took a sip and walked out of the room.
The room grew quiet as both Dean and I gazed upon Sam. I wanted to say something, anything to cheer him up but it was as if I couldn't find any of the right words in that moment. It hurt seeing him look so defeated, yet at the same time it also pissed me off that he wouldn't snap out of it and realize that freaking out about Sam's condition was only going to make things worst.