"what's wrong?"

{this is kind of a filler chapter but also goes along the story line and advances relationships... anyway, enjoy.}

i was at my house, my parents and brother were still at my grandma's so i was staying here for a couple of days

i was at my house, my parents and brother were still at my grandma's so i was staying here for a couple of days. it was quiet but, nice. i was in the kitchen looking at the take out menu that my dad always had handy when mom would burn the food. i was looking at the chinese before my phone started to ring. i answered it and put it on speaker, not looking at the caller id.

"hello?"

"hey, belle."

"dean? what's wrong?"

"where are you?"

"at my house why?"

"can i swing by to talk to you."

"yeah, of course. what's up?"

"i'll tell you when i get there." and with that he hung up the phone. i sigh before dialing the number of the chinese restaurant.

"hi, can i get take out please." i said before giving them my order.

i was sat on the couch watching some rerun of gilmore girls while eating my chinese food when i heard a knock on the door. i get up and walked to it. i opened it up to see an upset dean. he said nothing, just walked in and hugged me. his arms were around my waist as he leaned down holding me in his arms. i rubbed the back of his head playing with his hair.

"what's wrong dean?" i say before pulling away from the hug to look him in his green eyes.

"ben he, he called acting like lisa was hurt so i rushed over there just to find out i was caught in a parent trap. i got into a fight with both of them and i just-" he says as i see how upset he was. i motion him to the couch in the living room. we both sit down and i turn down the tv.

"dean. did you and lisa break up?" i ask and he just nodded. "what was the fight with them about?"

"lisa was going on a date. we argued about how i never answered her calls, how i wasn't talking to her at all so she decided to try and move on." i smile sympatheticly at him. "ben he was upset that i left in the first place. he said that i was leaving my family behind. even though i was doing it for their own safety."

"dean, i know what it's like to have to leave the people you love behind to protect them. it's hard but your doing it for their own benefit, ben may just not see it yet he's just a kid. you can't blame him for being sad that you aren't there anymore." he nods looking up from his previous gaze which was at his hands in his lap.

"how did you cope?" he says looking at me sadness coming through his voice.

"i thought about how much more of a life he got to live by not getting wrapped up in mine. dean we have our destiny laid out in front of us. we are meant to be hunters. we both have tried to get out of the life but just get reeled back in. i know it hurts a lot right now. but in the end the people you love that can have a normal life will be safe." dean looks at me for a second before hugging me again.