alpha

we pull up to what i call the campbell's headquarters. there are people outside with guns checking us out before they let us in. we pull in through the gate before parking and heading into the main building.

dean is holding the baby as we wait for samuel. i had meet him but not the rest of them, so i didn't really know anyone like dean. a women approaches dean and the baby and she puts her hand on the baby's head.

"well, aren't you just the best disguise a monster ever wore?" dean backs away from her a little. "i'm kidding dean, relax." she says before walking away leaving a man to stare at dean.

"well, you got something to say?" dean asks but the man just stays quiet. "no? all right. well, you just stand there and think at me."

soon enough, sam and samuel start walking toward us. "so, what's our next move?" sam asks.

"i got a couple of ideas. dean, let me see the little guy."

"that's all right, i got it." dean says hesitantly.

"what do you think i'm gonna do?" samuel stares at him the question lingering for a second.

"you really don't want me to answer that question." i look to dean not sure who's side to be on in this.

"well, i'm curious. who exactly do you think we are?" the guy, who had his feet propped up on the table he was sitting by, says.

"hunters." dean is quick to say.

"funny. here i've been thinking we're family."

"hey, let's not get worked up." sam interrupts.

"yeah. yeah, let's not." the guy said going back to what ever he was doing.

"here. dean, it's fine. let me take him. it's okay." dean looks from sam to samuel before handing him the baby. sam then gives the tired baby over to samuel.

"hey, there. oh, you're a big fella, aren't you?" samuel says looking down at the baby. "yeah. i haven't held one of these in a long time. your mom was the tiniest. she was bald as a cue ball."

"what are we gonna do with him?" i question keeping my eyes on the baby.

"raise him."

"raise him?" dean is quick to ask.

"you got another suggestion?"

"but-"

"it's dangerous out there for him."

"what about in here?" dean says starting to raise his voice. "what, are we gonna study him, poke at him?"

"your mind goes right to torture, dean. don't assume that for everyone." the guy at the table interjects again.

"what are you trying to say?" i ask coming to dean's defiance.

"i'm not talking to you sweetheart." i roll my eyes. he just continues on talking to dean. "sorry, i heard about what you majored in, down in the pit."

"what the hell is your problem, man?" dean says. the guy stands up coming toward dean.

"you're starting to become a pain in my ass." i move in front of dean and before i can get a word in, sam moves in between me and the guy.

"christian, take it easy man. he's my brother."

"we all done bristling up, or what?" samuel says making everyone calm down a little. "nobody's doing anything to him, dean. when he's old enough, we throw it to him. he wants to volunteer to help out, that's fine." it's quiet for a second.