sam's back

me, bobby and dean sat in the living room of bobby's house. bobby was on one side of the desk while me and dean sat on the other.

"sam's still asleep?" bobby ask as he sips on his whiskey in his hand.

"yeah." dean mumbles out as he doesn't look at bobby.

"he'll wake up." i say looking at dean. he keeps his eyes away from us.

"yeah." dean says again.

"dean, he's been through how much? somehow he always bounces back." bobby says trying to lift dean's spirits up a bit.

"he's never been through this." dean drags on as he looks down at the paper in front of bobby. "job?"

"hmm, might be." bobby says throwing the piece of paper over to dean so he could see it. dean picks it up.

"can i help? send me to the library? anything?" i look at dean as he asks this. the whole conversation that cas and him had just a few minutes ago, really didn't sit well in him. he was scared that he would lose his brother.

"couple goes up on a light plane. wreckage was found in the woods." bobby explains.

"couple of buddy hollys doesn't really seem like 'news of the weird.'" dean says handing bobby back the paper as he leaned back in his seat. bobby hands be the paper before explaining more.

"pilot was found seventeen miles away, flambéed. girl's just gone. no body, no nothing." hm, that's interesting.

"okay, i'm not changing the channel."

"dean." we hear from behind us. me and dean turn around quickly to see sam standing there. sam slowly walks into the room. looking at all of us with this still look on his face.

"sam?" dean says as he stands up. sam rushes over to dean giving him a big hug. me and bobby stand up, bobby makes his way around the table.

after sam hugs dean, he notices me and bobby. sam hugs me, his arms around my waist and mine around his neck. he holds me for a second, i can feel his breathe hitting my neck. he pulls away from me giving me a slight smile before he made his way to bobby.

they embrace for a second. "good to see you." bobby says as sam pulls back.

"wait. i saw you- i felt lucifer snap your neck." sam says looking at him confused. dean look at me for a second with a 'he doesn't remember' look.

"well, cas kind of-" bobby was cut off my sam.

"cas is alive?" sam says as he lets out a heavy breathe of relief.

"yeah, cas is fine. sam, are you okay?" dean says as he walks closer to him. sam smiles a little, before waiting a second to reply.

"actually, umm.. i'm starving." we all look at each other before i go to the kitchen and make sam a sandwich. he sits at the table and starts to eat, me and dean sit with him at the table.

"so, sam." dean starts off.

"yeah?"

"what's the last thing you remember?" dean asks as sam thinks for a second.

"the field, and then i fell." sam says as he glances at all of us before returning his attention to dean.

"okay, and then?" dean tries to pry more.

"um, i woke up in the panic room." death's barrier he put on sam's soul must have worked.

"that's it?" bobby questions. "you really don't remember-?"