happy days

tears fill my eyes as i sit next to my grandmother, holding her hand in mine

tears fill my eyes as i sit next to my grandmother, holding her hand in mine. she looks at me with a pang of sadness as she watches the tears stream down my face.

"el, don't be sad. it's my time. no one can change that. not even me." she says squeezing my hand. "you have so much potential with your witchcraft. you are the most powerful witch i have ever meet, and you are even more powerful then me. and you know how i am, so you know that's a high compliment." she says smiling at me. i laugh a little, tears still coming down my face.

"you are still my little precious granddaughter, but the woman you have become amazes me. even when your fate was revealed in front of you, you fought with everything in you to survive. you are the strongest individual i have ever meet. you've made me proud belle." a tear comes down her face. "now, let me talk to your brother." she says squeezing my hand. i nod and get up heading for the door where my dad and brother were waiting. i nod to trey for him to go in. he sits next to her as she smiles at him.

"she loves you a lot." my dad says putting his hands on my shoulders. i turn to my dad to see him staring at we with the same amount of sadness i had. we embrace each other in a hug as i feel his tears fall onto my shoulders. my breathe hitches as the liquid steals.

i see my mom behind him, hurt across her face. i look at her sympathetically. even if we had fought just days before, i knew we would go back to how we were before. we would just avoid the subject. like we always do.

i pull away from my dad and he wipes the tears away from his checks. he always hated being vulnerable around me. when his father died when i was ten, that was the first time i ever seen him cry. the second was when i told him and my mom that lucifer was after me and that i needed to leave for awhile. third time is now.

he moves away from me into the room grandma was in. trey comes out and gives me a look. "can we go to that diner that she always took us to. she wants a milkshake." he says trying to mask over his emotions.

"yeah, i'll go get my keys." i nod as we both head to the door. we walk outside and trey suddenly stops as we get close to the car. i turn around looking at him confused. "what's wrong?"

trey breaks down almost immediately, tears start streaming down his face. i rush over to him and bring him into a hug. "oh, bubba." i say tears welling up again.

"i don't want to lose her." he says hugging me tight. we hugged each other in the middle of my grandmother's yard outside of little rock, arkansas.

"it's going to be okay, bubba." i say pulling away from him staring at him in his tear filled eyes. "now, let's get her that milkshake." i say smiling slightly.

when we get back, my dad was sitting by my grandma as they laughed together. they always had a really close relationship. she's the one that taught him everything there is about being a witch, same as my mom's mom did with her. i smile as me and trey walk in. trey comes by her bed handing her the
milkshake, she takes it gladly.