back in action

i was sitting on the porch reading doctor sleep, the sequel to the shining

i was sitting on the porch reading doctor sleep, the sequel to the shining. since i've been home for the last couple of weeks i had been reading a whole bunch of stephen king novels. they reminded me of my day to day activities that i usually partake in. my mom had me come home for a little bit considering i was never here anymore, i was happy when she asked me to come visit. it gave me an excuse to kick back and relax.

i hear a car pull into our driveway, i wondered who it was considering me and my mom were the only ones home. my dad and trey went out on a poltergeist hunt and left me and my mom at home for the last couple of days. once the car parks i put my book down beside me on the porch swing i was sitting on. i get up heading over to the front steps. someone i hadn't seen in a year got out of the passenger seat.

i smile running over to dean hugging him. he smiles to hugging me back. when i pull away i stare at him in surprise. "what are you doing here winchester?" i ask hitting him lightly on the shoulder. the other door opens and sam steps out. i stare at him shocked, i hadn't seen him in a couple of months after that fight we had. 'does he know i know you've been around for a year?' i ask in his mind. 'no.' he says in his thoughts. i walk around the car and i embrace him in a tight gripped hug. i let a tear fall, i was trying to make this believable. i pull away, smiling at him. "you're back. how?" he smiles back down at me before we pull apart. i back away and look at the both of them as dean comes around to the side we were on.

"we don't know." dean says before sam gets the chance. i already knew this, but i acted concerned.

"you don't know?" they both shake their heads. i decide to move away from the subject. "so, did you just come here for a reunion or is something else going on?" i ask putting my hands into my pockets.

"um, ya we kind of have a shifter baby in the backseat." sam says bluntly.

7 months ago..

"sam!" i yell from the kitchen of the motel we were at for the night.

"what?" he yells back from the bathroom, he was shaving.

"come here." he comes out of the bathroom with his face all freshly shaven. he walks over to me as we both look at the burnt food in the pan in front of us. "so, do you want to go out to eat or?"

"yeah, i think that's smart." he says before grabbing his keys and we headed to the car. we get into the car and go to the pizza place down the street.

when we get back from the pizza place, sam carries it in and we head to one of the beds and we both sit down. i grab the remote turning on the tv flipping through the channels, until i find 'dazed and confused' and luckily it just started.

"no, not this movie." sam says and i look at him confused.

"what do you have against this movie? have you ever really watched it?" i ask confused to why he didn't like one of my favorite movies.