Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I captured Silver's ear between my index and middle finger and squeezed. "Ow!" Silver cried out, trying to release his ear from my grip. "What d'you do that for?!" He exclaimed, once again trying to get his ear out of my hand.

"This is for revenge." I said simply, giving his ear another tight squeeze.

"Revenge or wha - Oouch!"

"For taking a lick of my ice-cream the other day." This time I twisted it.

He let out another yelp and glared irritably at me. I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry." He said stubbornly. "Can you let my ear go now, please?" He asked.

I looked up as if in thought then looked at him. "Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "If you wanted the chocolate flavoured ice-cream," I slowly twisted his ear as I spoke, "Then you should have bought your own," By this time Silver had started turning his head to the side to get his ear in the proper position, "Not take a lick of my own when you know how much I love my ice-cream. Especially ice-cream with chocolate on it."

"Okay - ow - uh, Luna - ow - I'm sorry, alri - ow - I'm sorry for tasting your ice-cream - ow - it was a terrible idea - ow - and I hope you can forgive me - ow!" He said. I raised my eyebrow at him, pointing out that he missed something else. He looked up at me and gave me the puppy dog eyes. "And always remember that I wove you, so I'm vewy sowwy." He said in a baby voice and I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Alright, fine, I forgive you." I let go of his ear and he stood up to his full height, rubbing his ear. I pointed my finger at his face and he took a step back. "But do it again and I won't be so merciful." I threatened and he gulped.

"This was being merciful...?" He whispered and I nodded. His eye widened in fright and he shook his head. "I'll never do it again, Luna, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye if I ever lie, and I shall be forever truthful."

"For now and ever?" I responded.

"That's the way it is." He finished and I smiled.

"Good," I chirped and turned away. "Never forget it!" I called to him and I skipped to the kitchen.

*****

"I'm going out!" I called out as I put on my coat.

"To where?" I heard Silver's voice shout back.

"Out!" I replied.

"Out where?" He asked again.

"Out!"

"Where?!"

"Out!"

"Do you think I can get a proper answer?" I giggled at this and shook my head.

"Nope!"

From somewhere in the house I could hear his sigh. "Alright then, have fun!" He gave in.

"I will!" I called back and just before I could leave the house, he yelled again.

"And be careful!"

I smirked and shook my head. "I always am!" I shouted as I closed the door.

As I walked the busy streets I kept my eyes peeled for the place I was looking for, unconsciously touching my left arm...where my marks were. I turned at a corner and found myself in the back streets; the place where shops also did a few shady businesses and maybe even a few things that were illegal. I know I shouldn't be in this area but a certain shop here will be able to help me with what I need, no questions asked.