Chapter 19.5

Chapter 19.5

A/N: I know what you guys are thinking, NO THIS IS NOT LIKE 16.5 FROM SAO, I'M NOT THAT NASTY XDD I may or may not have forgotten to add a CHUNK to the last chapter I updated and I may or may not be squeezing it in this chapter....hehe....^^"

*****

Chapter 19.5 (A/N:Hehehehe....16.5x33)

I opened my eyes to find myself in bed, with Silver's arms wrapped protectively around me.

It's over...for now.

That had been the strongest attack I'd ever had and, from past experiences, they'll only get worse. This won't do. With the strength me and Silver have, it won't be enough to hold the pains back forever. One day it'll be too strong to stop...

I shook my head to clear those thoughts from my mind. I froze when I felt Silver move slightly before he relaxed again. Letting out a sigh, I thought about what we should do for now. Yesterday was the first time we'd done a Resonance since that night. Honestly...it's scary. It's scary when our souls have combined and truly become one in body and mind, because we don't know if we'll ever go back to normal afterwards. That's the price of whatever...that person did to us.

Slowly moving away from Silver, I carefully moved his arm from my waist and gently planted my feet on the floor before standing up. A slight breeze went through the room and it was then that I'd noticed that I was standing in my night clothes. My cheeks burned red when I realised that he must've changed me. Turning around to glare at his sleeping form, I hissed, "I'll get you for that when you wake up!" In a whisper.

I left the room and quietly closed the door shut before making my way down the stairs. The house seems strange at night; it was too dark, too cold, too strange. I blindly navigated down the hall and to the kitchen, not bothering with the light as my mind was too preoccupied on more important matters.

This wasn't good enough, it can't continue like this. One day the pain will be too strong for us to handle and I can't have that. I need to become stronger, I need to stop relying on Silver's strength and use my own. The question was...how?

I was too busy trapped in my own thoughts that I had not noticed the shift of the mood as an unwanted guest made herself comfortable in the chair opposite me, a sly grin on her face as she watched me in my dilemma.

"So you survived, I see."

My head whipped to the side so fast I could hear my neck click, but this woman was more important so I ignored the pain. I looked at her relaxed posture in disgust. Her black hood still hid the majority of her face but I didn't have to see to know that her eyes were glinting with malice.

"What do you want?" I said, my lips turned up into a snarl.

"I honestly thought you would die but lucky for you, Silver came to the rescue!" The second half of that sentence was nothing but sarcasm. "Tell me, Luna, do you want Silver to die one day?"

My eyes narrowed and my fists clenched as I suddenly became protective at the underlying threat. "What are you implying?"

Her laughter rang throughout the kitchen, a sound so sickening I wanted to scream and lash out. "Implying? Dear child, I am doing nothing but observing." A hiss I knew too well sounded and I saw Sora slithering about on the floor in the direction of the witch, gracefully climbing up her legs as if it was an activity he did often. "Seems like the bite Sora did added a little more kick than I had intended but...no matter. If anything it should either speed up the process or kill you, which ever you want is your choice."