Chapter 16

Dedicated to KJRussell for asking me a question about my book which finally got my mind back on track and able for me to write this chapter up ^_^ thx for reminding me (even if you didn't mean to do it intentionally)

Chapter 16  

What is the point of this stupid quest I've thought up in my useless mind?

Nothing is the point of it. 

Why go looking for someone who I say I'm going to kill when I get scared over a guy with a screw in his head?

Yes, why.

Why go looking for someone who still haunts my nightmares and is the reason I'm afraid to go to sleep at night?

Why do all of this?

Why do these foolish things?

Just why?

Because you're a foolish child.

When I know that I'm just going to fall flat on my back when I finally get to the finish line...

That's right, just relax and let what happens happen. 

I shall be in control for now.

*****

"Luna..." A voice echoed. It sounded familiar, why is that? "Luna, try to wake up..." The voice said again.

Wake up?

You can't wake up.

What does it mean wake up?

It means nothing. You mean nothing. You're dead.

I'm dead.

Aren't I?

You are.

"I don't think she's gonna wake up today, man, just give it some time." This time the voice was different.

"No, I have to keep trying." Why do you? The voices lie. They always lie.

"It's getting late, we have to go but we'll be back tomorrow. Call us if there are any changes." Changes to who, to what? There are no changes.

"Alright, not that it'll do much good whether I call or not..."

What's happenin-?

Sleep.

*****

"Is she going to be okay?" Another new voice.

"Yeah...Nurse Medusa said that as long as she rests, then she'll wake up in no time." I can't wake up. There's no need to wake up.

"Then there's no need to fear!" This is the 5th voice to speak now. Counting the voices will do nothing for you.

"She's been like this for 5 days, do you think maybe you could just shut up and look at the big picture? Nurse Medusa said that if she doesn't wake in about 2 weeks then she may never wake up, or she'll have no memory of anything when she does." That doesn't sound like such a bad thing... That's right, not remembering anything is good. You forget the pain, the troubles...everything.

Finally the speaking stopped, if I could smile then I would. The silence was so relaxing. Nothingness is relaxing.

I could hear something...chairs scraping? Leaves rustling? No, paper - paper rustling.