Chapter 18

Chapter 18

As soon as me and Silver stepped foot in the DWMA, we were swarmed by students asking how we were, worried looks on their faces. I wasn't used to this many people around me at once so Silver put an arm around me and pulled me closer to him, keeping me at ease. I buried my head in his chest, feeling embarrassed. I then saw the gang pushing their way through the crowd.

"Excuse me, sorry!"

"Can you move, please?"

"MAKE WAY!"

"Guys, we're tryin' to get through, think you can help with that by moving?"

"'Scuse me, pardon me, out of my way."

I almost laughed at how different all their personalities were yet they were all so close to each other. It's pretty comical, really; they define the saying 'opposites attract'.

When they finally made it to the front of the crowd, the crowd slowly dispersed, knowing that they wouldn't get any info now.

"Are you guys stupid?!" I raised my eyebrows in shock at Maka's words. That was such a lovely way to say hello.

"Uh...I should think not...?" Silver answered.

She groaned. "You idiots, Luna only got out of her coma a few days ago, she needs. To. Heal!" She explained, emphasising each word.

Silver and I shared a look. It's true that I only awoke a few days ago, but once the memories of me being a witch came back to me, I used my powers to heal myself. And, no I did not just unlock my Soul Protect in the middle of the city (insert eyeroll here). I put up a quick barrier around the house that would make my Soul Protect go undetected and did it. How would I explain a witch soul in my house that appeared then disappeared?

"I'm fine, Maka, really." I patted her hair and she seemed to have calmed slightly at my words.

"Are you really okay?" She asked, a sceptical look on her face.

"Yes." That one word seemed to relax everyone as they all visibly sagged their shoulder in relief.

Black Star decided to but in at that point. "Good, because Kid has been crying his eyes out for weeks now!" He laughed.

Kid glared at him, if you look closely you can see the imaginary knives that he's throwing with his eyes. "I was not crying, I just needed to get rid of excess water...through my eyes." Black Star just shook his head and laughed.

Soul smirked at Black Star's triumphant face. "What about you, Black Star? You were the one who was sulking like a baby." He teased.

Black Star started chasing Soul who was running away from him, laughing. "I was not sulking, I was in deep concentration!" That was obviously a lie, which is why everyone started laughing at that point.

"What?" Black Star asked once he saw tears falling form our eyes because of the laughing. "It's true!" The laughing only got louder. "I REALLY WAS CONCENTRATING!" He stamped his foot down like a child during a tantrum.

"Yeah, yeah, okay." I stood up and wiped my eyes. "You were 'concentrating'!" I laughed again. Even Tsubaki was giggling at the sight.

"WHY WON'T YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME?!"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE YOU!"

*****

During the day there's been a slight pounding in my head. Not a painful pound, a forgetful pound; there was something I've forgotten that was important...very important. But I could not, for the life of me, figure it out, not one bit. What was wrong with me?