Chapter 16- The past always finds a way to come back and haunt you

****GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING LIKE THAT MY LAPTOP COMPLETELY BROKE BUT NOW I HAVE A NEW ONE SO HERE COMES MORE STORIES YOU BETTER BE READY*****

"Tobias?" Incendia whispers again in a shaky voice. She can't wrap her head around it, how is he here? Just the sight of him makes her heart clench painfully, she can't help but think about their shared kisses, and promises of love to each other.

"Incendia, my Princess, I am so glad you are alive! You don't know how worried I've been about you, I haven't once stopped thinking about you." Tobias' warm voice fills the room, sweet like honey. He leaves his place from leaning on her door frame to across her room so he hovers just behind her. " I spent all this time hating myself for letting you run off like how you did." He says the last part as he reaches for her hand and brushes a kiss upon it tracing the length of it.

At the mention of this last part, Incendia's longing for him turns to anger. Does he really still take her for that naive little girl back in the secret meadow? She snatches her hand back from his grasp and glares at him before coldly saying, "Do not touch me again."

"Aw come on! Cendy, don't be like that, I made a mistake you know I loved you-I still love you!" Tobias pleads using his old nickname for her. She looks into those warm, welcoming eyes; the ones she used to dream about, the ones she used to trust. "It's me and you against the world remember?"

Incendia couldn't help the bitter smile that appeared; how long had to she waited to here these words that he is proclaiming now, how many nights did she cry herself to sleep over seeing him and Paloma together, how many meals did she skip because the thought of them together made her queasy.

Incendia sighs as she turns fully around to take in every detail of the boy who broke her heart. His wavy chestnut hair was longer than before, growing past his neck. His once smooth face was now covered in a five o'clock shadow, his eyes once so open and welcoming now held some hidden pain in them. She can still see the boy she was madly in love with in this taller, more muscular stranger, but she keeps thinking about a different pair of eyes as she looks into Tobias. The eyes that keep coming to mind are green with a mischievous twinkle in them. Incendia shakes her head against the image of those vivid green eyes.

"Tobias, what are you doing here?" She puts up a hand when he gives her a swoon worthy grin. "And don't try and say it was to get me back." She adds warningly.

His smile falls from his face. "I am here to join the cause Cendy. My home town was under attack the last day in the woods." Tobias clenches his jaw as his eyes begin to water. "My family died Cendy, I saw my Mother and Father die. They killed my sister too when they finished their fun with her. All that's left is me and Ashton." His voice cracks at the last words and he turns his face away from her.

Incendia feels her heart plummet at those words. Tobias had taken her to meet his family one warm, sunny day. She had been nervous the entire walk over, afraid they'd hate her, or be angry at their son for bringing the princess home. But instead they were warm and welcoming, his mother a little stout had the same warm eyes as her son, and his father had an eye crinking smile and a deep belly laugh. Incendia blinks rapidly as the tears begin to blurry her vision, She didn't even need to ask who 'they' were.

Incendia knew there were no words she could say to make him feel better so she threw her arms around Tobias and hugged him as she whispers "I am so sorry", Tobias wraps his arms aroud her holding her hard. She doesn't know how long they stood like that both consumed by their grief. Incendia was so immersed in her own thoughts of everyone she has lost so far that she didn't hear the door open until a voice spoke.

"Well isn't this cozy? Whenever you are done wasting time, we'd like to discuss how we are going to win this war if that is convinent for you." Teo sneers at them before slamming the door shut and stomping down the wooden stairs.

"Well he seems pleasant." Tobias drawls with a statisfied smirk on his face staring at the place Teo was moments before. Letting out a shriek Incendia flings open the door to follow Teo with Tobias following close behind.

***Hey guys! So I've attached a picture of what Tobias looks like on the right, The actor I had in mind is Beau Mirchoff from the show Awkward. So I hope you guys enjoyed this, there should be more action coming soon! I hope to update again within tonight or the next couple of days, you all know the drill, comment, vote, criticize etc etc,  I love you all and thanks for sticking with me!!!