Chapter 9

Hey guys!! I am so incredibly sorry! I got swamped with work and school work and friends and college stuff! I forgot to update =O I may only be able to start uploading on weekends since Finals are coming up....don't hate me!!! Hahaha but I really do hope you guys enjoy reading this!

*****INCENDIA"S P.O.V**********************

Wack. Incendia attempts to shield herself as Wolf's blad smacks against her arm again, leaving a stinging sensation. It had started off well, she was able to deflect his mighty blows, and even deliver a forceful one on his left thigh. However, within a minute into the fight, Wolf began to take the lead delivering hit after hit upin her arm, Incendia already feels a welt beginning to form on the arm he just hit.

Back at the palace, Incendia used to spar with her brothers until they got older and refused to because she was a 'lady'. That however, did not stop her because she then began sparing with the new stable boy, with the mouse brown hair and the warmest brown eyes she had ever seen, Tobias. The thing Incendia liked about Tobias was that he didn't treat her like royalty, he trested her as if she were just a girl from the farm down the road. He was hired when Incendia was sixteen and before she knew it, she was in love with him. It started off with competitive sparring, then secretivive lunches and country rides, then on the night of her seventeenth birthday she snuck away to see him and was given the most heart racing kiss of her life in the old loft above the stables.

She was prepared to run away with him, give up everything for him. She would have lived in the coldest, dreariest cave in the mountains if it meant that she would be allowed to live with him. However, this  dream was shortly lived, when Incendia stole Tobias' old clothing to disguise herself as a boy and snuck down to this small, closed off meadow on the edge of town, he'd told her about once. He said that this was the place he visited on his day off because this was the only place he hadn't felt like a servant. Incendia was practicaly jumping out of her boots with the thought of surprising Tobias in his special place. When she entered the frozen meadow, she noticed fresh footprints, but instead of there being just a single set of footprints, there were two. Confused, Incendia follows the pair of footprints and underneath, the most beautiful, frozen willow Incendia ever saw was Tobias and Paloma locked in a passionate kiss, their hands tugging at the other's clothing. Incendia can still vividly remember, how she had tried refusing to believe it, if she could just get away from this revolting sight, she could forget about it. She had stepped backwards on a tig, the sharp snap forced Tobias and Paloma out of their embrace. Tobias looked guilty but Paloma..she looked smug. Paloma insisted that she was only doing Incendia a favor; if Tobias was willing to be with her closest friend, who knows who else he has been with.

Tobias denied being with anyone else, but instead of begging Incendia to forgive him and take him back all he said was, "It's not like we would have lasted anyways. You would have left me at the first fancy prince to smile at you." He had said to her tonelessly. Those brown eyes that had once looked at her with warmth, and love had looked into her without any feelings at all. He hadn't even let Incendia tell him she loved him, instead he walked out of the meadow, and out of her life without ever looking back. He resigned from his job in the stables the very same day. The worse part? If he had begged, Incendia would have forgiven him, she would have taken him back. But instead, she was forced to forgive Paloma, since she didn't have anyone else to turn to and when he walked out of the meadow was the day her heart turned to ice.

While Paloma is lost in the thought of her heartbreak, Wolf delivers a blinding blow to her rib cage which knocks her to the ground gasping for breath, much to the amusement to the other men watching. Incendia fights to control the flush growing on her face as she listens to the men laughing and guffawing, while she spits frozen dirt from her mouth.

"I haven't the faintest clue why any of you men would be laughing, since she lasted longer against Wolf thatn anyone in this entire camp has ever. You forget, I have seen each and everyone one of you spar with him and I have also watched each and everyone of you fall, sputtering to your faces within the first thirty seconds." Teo says, walking out of the shadows where he had been hiding unknowst to Incendia, with a slight smile on his face directed towards his men.

"Except for you Teo! Except, I have strong suspisions he cheats." Wolf adds in a loud whisper, offering Incendia his hand.

Incendia grins as she takes Wolf's hand and pulls herself up, while the other men recount their times sparring against Wolf while laughing uncontrollably.

"I had told him I'd be easy on him, but I was the one who was crawling away like a dog. I found out a week later that he was using his left hand to give his dominant one a rest!" A bulky man with a scruffy beard, whose name she believes is Fahre, says to Incendia.

"Wolf, being jealous is uncommonly unflattering. I can only beat you know because I got sick of landing flat on my face as Dia has just done." Teo says with a bark of a laugh, indicating to Incendia's muddy attire.

However, instead of being embarressed, Incendia's grin only grows. For the first time, there are people who don't care how many concertos she can play on the piano, or how fluent she is in the ancient languages. No here are people, who are welcoming her because she is mud stained, and bruised, Teo calling her Dia can't even annoy her tonight. Tonight, she has finally found a place where she isn't the odd one, even if it only for tonight, she finally feels like she has a place where she might belong.

PLEAASSEEE rate, comment and vote because it is what encourages me to continue to write, on the first breakI get after dealing with work and stress the size of me times a hundred and twelve! I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far!!! =D