Chapter Fourteen-The rebels

Greer sneers as he looks around at Teo's men, his body stiffens when he counts Teo's outnumbering forces to his. However, he quickly recovers as he scoffs, "We will leave for now but yah can bet yah ass we will be back for muh prize." He directs a leer at Incendia who scoffs at him. "Besides we killed more of yah men then yah did ours so we already won." He roars triumphantly garnering the cheers from his men.

Teo growls in disgust at Greer and his men and moves towards Incendia with his sword drawn while his men stand behind him with weapons all drawn. As Teo grabs hold of Incendia's wrist she feels a rush of unexplained warmth rushes through her. Skandor steps out from the shadows from behind Greer's hulking body, his beautiful face takes in account of their joined hands and he gives them a cold smirk. The sight of Skandor causes Teo's whole body to tense up, tightening his grib on Incendia's wrist.

"Ah Teodor, your brother sends his regards. He is terribly sorry he wasn't able to make it for this visit, but don't worry you will see him shortly, very shortly. He will be so excited to meet Incendia as well." Skandor  says in a cold, calculating voice. 

"I would tell you and my brother to go to hell but I think you'd enjoy it to much down there." Teo says in a soft voice laced in fury.

"Ah, I'll be seeing you soon Teodor, have a lovely day. Greer, we ought to get going to tell everyone about what we'eve discovered and...about there new little member." His dark eyes land on Incendia and gives her an icy smile before walking in the opposite direction from Teo's men.

After a moment of hesitation, the others glance at Teo's men warily before folowing Skandor into the woods. After they all left, there is a moment of silence before Incendia turns to Teo incredulously saying; "Why didn't you fight them? You clearly have more men, why did we allow them to run back to their leader?"

Teo gives a small chuckle. "A little blood thirsty aren't we Dia?"

Incendia turns beet red, as she opens her mouth to argue that she didn't want a fight, it just seemed reasonable a voice coldy cuts her off.

"In case you didn't notice 'princess' most of our men are injured in some way, yes we had more men but in reality we are just as weak. You would probably have known that if you didn't decide to run off and get yourself captured, always the damsel in distress aren't you?" Paloma sneers at Incendia.

"Paloma." Teo says warningly, shooting a glare in the direction of the raven haired beauty.

Incendia fumes as she stares at her oldest friend, the one she viewed as a sister. As children she and Paloma often giggled in her chambers at night thinking about her and Matteo getting married and Incendia being the maid of honor. Looking into the heated eyes of Paloma, Incendia can't find a trace of the girl she thought she knew for the larger portion of her life.

"I am sorry but where were you when the palace was under attack two weeks ago? Oh right you were probably cleaning piss out of chamber pots." Incendia snaps back, after everything that has happened to her during these past two weeks, being called a coward doesn't exactly make her pleased.

At the reference of Paloma cleaning up other's waste, Paloma turns a deep shade of red, which Incendia presumes is a mix of shame and rage. A few snigger at the reference but quickly stop as Paloma casts a glare over the crowd.

"Watch your back. Out here you aren't my princess, this is my terrirtoy, here you are ust a dumb, weak child." Paloma says before striding back the way they came from.

Teo lets out a nervous chuckle his eyes darting between Incendia and the spot where Paloma just stood. Incendia narrows her eyes at that chuckle, obviously Teo and Paloma have some history, but what and how much is still uncertain.

Teo looks down at Incendia's narrowed gray eyes, which were also brimming with questions. He heaves a sigh, "You can ask questions as we walk." Teo says while gesturing to the retreating bodies all following the same direction that Paloma had stalked off to a few moments before.

Incendia nods in agreement as she falls in step alongside Teo. She bites her lip as she considers all the questions she has swirling around in her head; What rebel camp? Why did those men attack? What's going on with Teo and Paloma?

Incendia decides upon the one that seems the easiest to answer. "How do you and Skandor know each other?"

Teo halts to a stop and as his face falls, crumpling into a sad, broken look Incendia knew that wasn't as easy of a question to answer as she thought. "Never mind, it was a silly question." She quickly says trying to get rid of the tension that wasn't walking alongside them a moment prior.

Teo shakes his head, ignoring her last statement begins walking again this time staring straight ahead with emotionless eyes. "Skandor was my best friend, besides my brother he was the one I could always turn to. However, after my brother took control of our Kingdom, Skandor quickly left my side and oined my brother in torturing others just to save his own hind."

Incendia knows that there is also more to the story than that but based upon his town, it was clear her did not wish to elaborate. "I only have one more question for now." Incendia says causing Teo's walk to become more strained.

"Fine." He says in a clipped tone, carefully derived of any emotion.

"Well, I was just wondering....what the hell kind of name is Teodor?" Incendia asks in an incredulous tone.

Teo blinks a few times, astonished at the change of topic but begins to roar in laughter. Incendia can't help but smile, she is pleased with herself at being able to make Teo laugh.

"Besides you shouldn't talk about names, Incendia. What kind of name is that?!?" Teo shoots back, his voice laced in amusement.

"It is an exotic name it means fire, and Naveem means beautiful so technically I am a beautiful fire!" Incendia says throwing her head back in pretend indigination.

"That you are." Teo says warmly, his voice still breathless. This comment causes Incendia's cheeks to begin to heat up. She was saved from having to answer as the familiar crackle of fire alerts Incendia to large masses of stone houses creating a townlike atmosphere. With a grin Teo steps through the remaining brush and sweeps his arms out, "Welcome to your temporary home, or as I like to call it the Rebel's hideout."

  *************HEY GUYS!!! Sooo I know this was kind of a filler chapter, but I couldn't ust have them magically appear to the rebel hide out riiiiiighhhtttt? So I am starting to write a new story, just a little summer romance, but before you guys go all crazy on me for doing that hear me out! I wanted to dabble in everything and if it makes everyine feel better writing the other story helps me realize how much I love writing this one! ^_^ So please comment with praise, crticisim, your favorite part etc etc, same rule applies the best comment gets a dedication and probably some nice words in the beginning from moi! Well I love you all and happy reading!!!*************

ps. I am going to try and inclue a picture of what I view the rebel camp to look like!!!