Incendia

Hey guys, this is my first novel I've written so I'm just getting started. Tell me what you guys think or if you have have any questions or suggestions feel free to say so!

Here's the summary:

Incencdia Naveen Salazar is the only daughter of Bardrick Salazar, king of Kalel or better known as the ice kingdom. There is only one season in this land, winter. When the heir to the throne is killed, Incedia becomes next in line to take the throne. With a war errupting, and her life in danger Incendia must make choices in order to save her life and her kingdom.

                                                      Chapter 1

Incendia Salazar raises her fist to knock against the heavy oak doors but hesitates. She knows that her father didn't summoned her here to discuss anything pleasant. A few years ago he might've, but so much has changed in a year. The death of her mother brought along the death of her real father and replaced him with the cold, indifferent man who now sits in his body. Incendia straightens her shoulders , raises her head and pushes through the doors without knocking, this is her house too after all.

Bardrick Salazar looks up from the letter he was writing to watch his fiery hair daughter throw open the door to his study and march in. Incendia feels his disapproving gaze take in her mud soaked gown and unruly hair, the disapproving stare only makes her hold her head higher. After another moment of studying her, Bardrick goes back to writing his letter.

A silence fills the room with the exception of the scratches made from quill meeting parchment and the ticking of the clock.  Incendia waits a few more moments before saying, "Father, you sent for me?"

Still more scratching. Scratch, tick, scratch. 

Fuming Incendia once again tries to break the unbearable silence."Father, I was told to come straight away."

Scratch, Tick, Scratch, tock, Scra-

Incendia can not bear it any longer. In one swift movement she yanks off her slipper and throws it at the clock with as much force as she can muster. The dainty shoe does nothing more than hit against the giant grandfather clock before dropping to the floor with a muffled thud.

The action does gain the attention of her father, who with a tremendous sigh looks up at her with an irrated expression.

"Incendia Naveen Salazar, if you dare throw your shoe at any of my objects again, you be sure that you will recieve punishment. Now go pick up your shoe and come to my desk." Her father says coldly.

Mustering up her pride, Incendia marches over to grab her pale blue shoe and drops it by the foot of his desk.

Her father shakes his head but pulls a letter from the drawer from the inside of his desk. He gestures for her to take it. It is a letter from her Grandmother, her father's mother.

My dearest son,

It has come to my attention that our Incendia's birthday is coming up in a fortnight. Twenty is a big age, and she must marry soon. You and I both know that she must marry well, and in a way that will support our family in the greatest advantage. We will hold a ball for her with the most advantegeous suitors and she will be allowed to meet them, and choose from the ones we have already deemed acceptable. Hopefully, you can find a keep her under control, the last thing we need is for her scaring off suitors. I have already begun the preperations. I'll see you soon my dear boy.

Love always,

Your darling Mother.

Incendia stands shaking as she finished reading the letter. She knew this day would come but how dare they calculate her life out, in such a cold and uncaring way.

"Father, you can't allow this to happen! I will get married but not like this!" Incendia pleads with her father.

"It has already been done, I have written back to her this morning, your ball will be held on the eve of your birthday in two weeks time." Her father says dismissvely, already turning back to his letter.

"Mother said that I can choose who I want. Do you have no respect for her wishes?" She shouts back. Immediately Incendia wishes she can retract what she said at the look of pure outrage on her father's face.

"I am King. I will do what I want and you will be the obediant servant and follow my orders. You will prepare for your ball, and you will get married and play your role in this family. Do not disrespect me again. Get out." He thunders at the mention of her dead mother.

Incendia glares at him with determination and she turns on her toe to walk out of the study. This isn't over.

This was her future. She is Incendia Naveen Salazar, princess of Kalel the Ice Kingdom. If they think that she will be a plaything used for their amusement, then they are sadly mistaken. She is no one's plaything,she is the ice princess.

 Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! It gets better I promise! I have been pointed out that I switch tenses so I am trying to go back and edit all those! If anyone has any other suggestions just let me know! Please rate and vote and leave me comments!