Chapter 13- "It's you......"

*****Quick author's note**** Sorry I know you guys hate me doing this but it'll be fast! First off I want to thank everyone for sticking with me despite everything! Second, I am also thinking about writing a summer romance book in addition to this book and just alternate publishings so let me know!!! Finally third, I know I know know I am late in uploading BUT I have a legit excuse my laptop wasn't working and as I type this it is undergoing a virus scanner to make it's insides sparkle..as much as a computer can sparkle...anyways enjoy!

"It's you..."

These words cause Incendia's heart to pound faster, the idea that these men who are holding her captive may know more about her than she does herself frightens her. Incendia squeezes her eyes shut as she kneels there tied up trying to not express her fear. At the thought of this Incendia hears her mother's sweet, melodic voice chanting her signature line; "Incendia, whenever you feel cornered or threateneds, be like the ice you see around our palace; pretty, calm and collected on the outside. But also be like the ice on the inside, fierce enough to give frostbite and tough enough to take off a hand with that frost bite."

At the thought of these words, Incendia calmly opens her eyes, and positions her face in into a mask of haughty indifference. Arching a flaming, red eyebrow she says with as much sarcasm as she can muster, "What are you going on about? Has it been this long since you've seen a female? I'm not suprised, that ugly mug that you've got there makes me want to flee for the hills. Pity about these though." She adds gesturing to ther bound hands and feet.

Greer lets out a string of curses as his face turns a lovely shade of purple. As his face slowly contorts with anger one of his background men behind him speaks up. Incendia can't help but notice this man is different from the rest, to put it simply he is beautiful. His chestnut, wavy locks fall just above his golden colored eyes. He sends a smirk oever at Incendia that causes her heart to race slightly, that is until he opens his mouth to speak.

"Nah, Greer it's not worth it to get angry, just think about the glory and wealth we will get when we bring, this scrawny, filthy....thing to him." His husky voice says with a sneer.

"You're right Skandor." Greer says slowly nodding at the beautiful man. "Especially about the filthy part! How is it that she is the one that everyone wants!" Greer adds with a guaff. 

This statement sparks Incendia's interest, it's not the first time they've referred to her as being something important. Clearly, they are not the most sane of people, but if they know something that she doesn't then she must be more ignorant than she thought.

"What are you talking about? Who am I?" She calls out, with a raised voice, determined to be heard over the men chuckling at Greer's joke. All at once however, Incendia wishes she did not ask the question because the men's eyes are all on her again. This time however many of the men were eyeing her in a way that reminds her of a baby deer being cornered by a hungry wolf; the wolf and the deer both knows the wolf has the upper hand. Unfortunately in her case, Incendia is the baby deer.

"Ah ha dearie! Looks like yah not so smart now eh?" Greer says leering at her, his rancid breath blowing into her face.

"At least I am smart enough to know what proper dental hygeine is!" Incendia icly shoots back, while mentally slapping herself for not attempting to deny her ignorance.

Thankfully, Greer, having the size of a walnut for a brain did not catch on to that fact. "I can't wait to see what he does with you." Greer grabs a hold of Incendia's pale face, and looks closely into her eyes which steadily turning to a stormy gray. "I hope he lets me watch you scream and beg for mercy."

At these words, Incendia can feel her powers begin to spark in her veins, she quickly tries to smother that spark. These men may know something about who she is but they definetly do not know about her powers, if they did they wouldn't be handling her this roughly. Incendia lets out a small shiver at the thought of the men discovering her powers.

Greer notices the shiver, with a grin. "Awe is my dearie frighten. Don't worry Greer is here to make sure you beg him too."

Incendia gives him a repuled look before reply, "No, indeed I am not frightened, that shiver was for your poor mother when she discovered how vile, and disgusting her son was at your birth."

A sharp crack echoes throughout the trees, causing the birds to scatter as Greer slaps Incendia across the face.

"Greer! We are to bring her in one piece, you know the rules Lets just pack up!" Skandor, harshly advises to him.

Greer's face is torn in conflict over wanting to slap Incendia and obeying their orders.

Incendia notices this and siezes her opportunity. If she can continue antagonizing Greer, the longer she has to stall.

"Aw is wittle Greer, afraid of his big bad lweader!" Incendia coos at him, despite her already burning from the previous smack.

Before she has time to embrace herself, she sees black as Greer punches her on the side of her face. Incendia spits out blood while laughing at him. 

"Aw Greer you didn't tell me you know how to fight like a six year old girl!" She taunts at him, with a wide smile.

Greer's hand twitches to strike her again when a familar voice calls out from behind a shadowy tree. 

"Ah, yes I wouldn't touch her again if I were you." Teo steps out from behind the shadows with a warning look in his light eyes. Incendia lets out a sigh of relief, surprising herself at the happiness she feels seeing Teo again.

Greer and his men take on look at Teo and begin howling with laughter. Even Incendia had to admit that it looks almost pathetic, one, lightly armed men versus thirty plus, heavily armed savages. The luaghter cuts off aruptly when Vidar, Wolf and at least sixty other men and women, all of whom carry a weapon within their hands. To Incendia's immense suprise her old maid and closest friend, Paloma is among their ranks. Even more suprising than Paloma carry an extremely large axe, is the icy glare she is throwing at Incendia, in this one glare Incendia questions every laugh and secret she ever shared with Paloma.

Teo gives Greer a wry smile, before withdrawing his own sword from where is was resting upon his waist. "Now, as you can see there is quite a few of us and unfortuntely for you, we aren't very patient, give us the girl and no one has to die today."

*****DUM DUM DUUUUUUUMMMM!!! So I hope you all enjoyed this so far! IF any of you guys have any questions or comments or criticism please comment below! Just like last time the best comment gets the page dedicated to them! I like how we got to see Incendia stand up for herself, what do you guys think about that? What about the return of Paloma and what;s up with her attitude? Tune in to chapter fourteen to find out! Hehehe I love you all and happy reading!*********