Chapter 5

INCENDIA'S P.O.V

Incendia sits on the scratchy, wool blankets near the dying fire that smell suspiciously like horses and feet. One of the older gentleman offers her a dented tin, that has been bent to almost resemble a bowl. Incendia takes it, offering the man a small smile which quickly fades when she smells the contents of the bowl. She doesn't even know what possessed her to smile, all she feels is numb. She glances around at the other men settling down by the fire and wagon all drinking from their makeshift bowls. The scarred gentleman and the golden haired man who appears to be the leader are both watching her. 

It's a test. Drink the soup. A voice inside of Incendia's mind tells her. She raises the bowl to her lips but hesitates when the naseauting smell hits her. Drink. The voice inside her head tells her again but this time more firmly. Through her shock Incendia is able to drink the foul smelling liquid without choking on it as it burned its way down her throat. The scarred gentleman and the golden haired man look at each other and then at her with subtle respect, or that is what what it looks like to her as she looks on with a blurry vision due to the soup or maybe the shock.

The golden haired man slowly makes his way over to the fire, staring at the dying orange flames struggle to keep alive. His dark blue eyes meet Incendia's light gray ones before crouching over the fire where he, much to Incendia's surprise, places both balms over the fire. Incendia stares at this strange, beautiful man in utter disbelief, finding no words as the Golden haired man stared back unflinching. Another moment passes, Incendia looks between the fire and the man fearing for the man's mental and physical state of mind she rises up ready to push him away from the dying fire when suddenly flames erupt from between his palms, rising higher and higher. The man takes his palms away from the fire, wiping them on his soot colored breeches and watches the dire that was near death a moment before, crackle merrily, sending burning embers with a light Crack. 

Incendia feels her eyes widen as she stares at healthy flames. I am going mad, when Father hears about this he is going to send me away.She thinks to herself, Hell,she'd send herself away for thinking she saw a man create fire using his palms.

"Now that's done, I think it's time we've been properly introduced" The golden haired man says with a crocked smile. "I am Teo and that brute of a man over there, is Wolf." He says jerking his thumb over his shoulder to the scarred man.

Incendia just nods as her mind attempt to catch up, or perhaps since she is going mad it will never quite catch back up. As the golden haired man, Teo, continues to look at her expectantly, it slowly dawns in Incendia that they are waiting for her name.

"I am Incendia Salazar, princess of Kalel and daughter of Bardrick." She replies automatically from years of ettiqute lessons, realizing too late she shouldn't give out all that information, to a complete stranger; especially one who just kidnapped her. However, none of the men in their weather-beaten clothes looked at all surprised to here her formal title.

"No, no no. That is ridiculously too long, I'll just call you..hmmmm..Dia! That's what I'll call you." Teo says simply with a snap of his fingers.

Incendia stares incredulously at this man who must be as or possibly even more mad than she is, he just changed her name as if she were his dog or horse. She opens her mouth to argue but instead she asks, "What do you want from me?"

Sorry this one is so short! I just have a lot of information that will be coming at you guys and I don't want it to be overwhelming or unclear!! I promise it'll get there! PLEASE do not hesitate to comment! I love comments and little critques and compliments it is what keeps me writing and updating...that in votes *hint hint* Jussssst kidding! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter I'll update another one tonight hopefully since this one was so short!