Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Incendia enters her bed chamber, holding her head high so no one knew how the meeting with her dad affects her. As she closes the door, she hears something behind her. She turns towards the direction of the sound and sees a mighty black panther, crossing the length of her room in just a few strides, his glittering yellow eyes glowing in the dim chamber. Coming to a stop in front of her, his height reaches up to her elbows and she can see the taunt muscles underneath his dark fur. The fur by his mouth is wet and sticky, with what smells like blood.

"Vidar! What have you eaten this time." Incendia asks affectionately as she reaches out to stroke her panther. He leans into her palm fondly. Peering over his shoulder she sees a dead crow laying on her balcony floor, Incendia sighs, looks like her question has been answered.

"We can't stay here and let this happen! Vidar, I can't live like this. I am not meant for dance I am meant for bows and arrows, swords and horses. Not stitching and petticoats!" Incendia indignantly tells Vidar who hops on her bed full of lavender silks and begins cleaning himself.

"A fat lot of help you are!" She says crossly to him.

"Talking to yourself again are we?" Paloma, Incendia's handmaiden says as she enters her room to help with her bath. Although shes about five years older than Incendia, she has been her closest friend for the past eleven years.

"Paloma you won't believe the reason father called me into his office." Incendio starts warily as she stands up to be helped out of her dress.

Paloma clucks her tongue, a habit she does when she is irritated or worried. "I heard, many of the servants are talking about it downstairs." She says as she begins to undo Incendio's corset lacings. "I also know that you are already thinking about an escape. However, if I may suggest waiting to runaway." She adds as Incendio steps into the claw foot tub.

"What difference would it make if found a way out now or later Lo?" Incendio asks not bothering to disguise her plan to run away. After eleven years together, Paloma knows Incendio like a book; inside and out.

"Incendio, listen if you wait to go after your ball, then at least it will appear as though you are playing along. For one night you will wear a pretty gown, flirt with your courters and laugh flirtatiously at every dim-witted and senseless thing they say. You will dance every dance until your feet are red and ache with tiredness. You do this and your father and grandmother will suspect nothing. You runaway now, not only will you be caught but you will have guards assigned to you from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to bed." Paloma advises with serious eyes.

Incendio thinks about Paloma's advice as she leans back into the tub. She was right, leaving now would not only be ridiculous but also extremely predictable. The plan also appears more ridiculous if she thinks about the fact that she has no where to go. She needs those two weeks to plan out what she will do with her life.

"Two weeks. That's it. That is how long I will play their game." Incendio says tiredly as she closes her eyes and thinks about her life without being constantly told how to act, what to say and what to do; freedom.

Hey guys! Sorry this one is so short! I'm going to keep writing today I just want my ideas all in separate chapters! The action, drama, adventure, romance and the whole shabang is coming I PROMISE! Just be patient. The action does start in the next chapter *hint hint*

Please vote, rate, and comment guys, it'll only make me a better writer and encourage me to write more! Thanks for reading and putting up with me ;)