Fourteen.

***Favvv person in the whole wide world up there playing Ella ♥***

Chapter Fourteen –

“I’m not repeating myself.” Caleb snarled, glaring back at my snickering face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to regain a serious demeanour. It lasted for a few seconds before I burst out laughing again. “Snuffles?” I managed to choke out.

Caleb scowled. “I knew I shouldn’t have said that one.”

“No! No, I’m sorry.” I tried to be serious again, breathing in really heavily to get rid of the laugh that was threatening to escape again.

“My sister made me keep her.” Caleb justified in a firm tone.

My grin widened. “Made you keep… a toy unicorn that you named snuffles and… sleep with it every night…”

“I was nine years old and she made a convincing argument. Stop giving me shit, it’s your turn.” Caleb snapped, glaring.

“Do you still have it?” I asked curiously.

“Your turn.” He repeated, avoiding the question.

“Fine.” I pouted. “Okay… um, when I was about 11, my neighbours bought a kitten and I stole it a few hours later and made a secret house in my room because I thought they weren’t taking care of him properly. My parents found out that night and took him back. I cried for a week.”

Caleb stared at me for a moment, before a felt a pillow bounce off my face. I frowned and threw it back at him. “What the hell was that for?!”

“That’s nowhere near as embarrassing as my story! Say another one. That one doesn’t count.”

“What- It’s not my fault! I didn’t have any siblings to trick me into stuff like that.” I argued. “Plus, it’s unfair if I take two turns in a row. Hey, you’ve never mentioned that you’ve had a sister before.” I frowned, relaying his defensive argument in my head.

“That’s because I’ve never wanted to.”

“Come on,” I groaned, wiggling closer towards him while still managing to keep my legs crossed. “We’ve been at this for two hours now! I practically know the layout of your entire childhood bedroom and your kindergarten’s teacher’s name! It’s time to get into the big stuff.” I insisted.

“Coincidentally, the ‘big stuff’ just so happens to fall on my turn then?”

I nodded innocently, studying his facial expression with a hopeful look of my own.

His eyes narrowed towards me for a few moments before he sighed, scratching the back of his neck. “I don’t know how.”

I blinked back at him, waiting for him to continue his sentence. “How to what?”

“How to… talk about it…” He trailed off, muttering something under his breath.

“Just, uh… relay the memory in your mind and tell me what you remember.” I tried.

“Okay. My sister killed herself.”

I choked on my own saliva as my eyes widened. “O- Oh.” I cleared my throat, still trying to recover from the initial shock. “I’m so sorry…” I whispered in remorse.

“Your turn.” Caleb muttered.

“What? No, Caleb. You need to tell me what happened.”

“Why?” He snapped. “It was a long time ago, and it’s not going to change anything if I tell you.”