Eight.

Chapter Eight –

“Do you own anything that isn’t remotely hideous?” Caleb scowled, coming out of the closet room as soon as I entered our dorm room.

“You were looking through my stuff?!” I exclaimed in anger and embarrassment as I threw my books onto my bed.

“Didn’t you pack any dresses?” He responded, ignoring my question.

“I don’t own an- Stop looking through my underwear drawer! You aren’t going to find any dresses in there!”

“I know.”

“Then why are you looking in there?”

“Because I want to.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed the drawer shut before flaring my nostrils up at him. “Why are you looking through my clothes?”

“For tonight.”

“I already have an outfit in mind-”

“It’s not good enough.”

“What- You don’t even know what I want to wear!”

Caleb gave me an annoyed look before typing into his phone. “I’ve seen your clothes. It’s not good enough.” He brought his phone to his ear. “Bring all your dresses to my room.”

A feminine voice responded through the speaker and I frowned at the phone curiously as he responded. “Ella’s your size and she has no dresses to wear- don’t ask for what, it’s none of your business. Just bring them to my room now.” He snapped, before shutting the phone in the girl’s face.

“Who was that?” I asked.

“Nora.” He responded, before rummaging through my clothes again.

I gave him an annoyed scowl before I felt it slowly fading off my face as I observed him more closely. “You’re nervous.”

“No I’m not.” He snapped, turning to give me his usual cold glare.

I nodded. “Yes, you are. I can see it in you. You look like the guy I put behind bars once he realised what I was saying was true.”

“Do not fuck this dinner up tonight.” Caleb growled, finally showing his true feelings towards the situation.

“What is there to fuck up? It’s just a dinner.” I stated in confusion.

“Don’t talk.”

“What if they ask me-”

“Don’t talk.” He repeated, more firm this time.

My eyebrows rose at his request but I chose not to respond and instead made my way out of the small room to get away from him.

Caleb trailed out after me, and opened his mouth to start talking when a loud pounding noise came from our door. “It’s open.” He called out instead, leaving me burning with curiosity over what he was going to say next.

The door flew open seconds later and I looked over to find Nora puffing in exhaustion while holding a large pile of dresses that were still on their coat hangers. “I got here as fast as I could.” She huffed.

“Do you have no life? It’s been 5 minutes since I called you.” Caleb scoffed.

She glared up at him through the swarm of material before throwing them all in his direction to hold. “I was in my room and in the process of gathering clothes for my shower when you called. Hey Ella!”

I grinned briefly and waved in her direction before taking a seat on my bed.

“So what’s the occasion? Since you didn’t want to give me any details,” She paused to give Caleb a glare, “I brought everything I owned.”