Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen –

^^^ Been obsessed with (and currently listening to as I type) this song for a few weeks now. Even prouder at the fact that he’s aussie! Go and have a listen if you haven’t heard it and let me know what you think! ^^^

Caleb had driven back to our college quicker than I was even able to fully register that I had just came face-to-face with one of the men I had been running from for the past three years of my life.

“I should’ve just ripped his bones out of their sockets while I was there.” Caleb burst suddenly, punching the door frame.

“No, you shouldn’t have. That would’ve put a target on your back as well. You don’t know what you’re dealing with.” I spoke levelly, rummaging through my bag to find my phone. “I need to call Dyl.”

“Why do you need to call him? He’s not going to help you. He’s in Michigan.” Caleb snapped, coming to stand beside me.

Because,” I began with a glare, “He’s been through this with me once before. He knows what to do.”

“Ella-”

“Caleb, if you don’t like the idea of me talking to a guy that’s states away – about something that concerns my safety, might I add – then just leave the room.”

“Why would you turn to him when I’m right here offering to help you?! I told you when we got together that you weren’t alone in this and now you don’t even want me in the room?”

I briefly looked at the despair that filled his features before concentrating on my phone to avoid changing my mind. “I just need to be alone for a while.”

“Then you can fucking leave. I’m not leaving this room if you’re still in it.” He stated stubbornly, crossing his arms to emphasise the finality of his words.

“Fine.” I snapped in annoyance, storming out.

I began to dial Dylan’s number while walking away from my room, regretting the fact that I took off my jacket the minute we walked inside as the chilly air began to seep into the thin material of my shirt and into my skin.

“Ella?” Dylan’s tired voice sounded from the other line.

The familiarity of his voice was the last straw in the stack before the tears automatically welled up and rolled down my cheeks.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Dylan’s voice was more awake now, and I should hear a faint amount of shuffling coming from his end of the line.

“S-Sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you.” I sniffed, trying to regain my composure.

“Don’t worry about me. What happened? Is it Caleb?” He asked.

“N-No.” I mumbled, trying to swallow the thickness that settled in my throat. “They – they-”

Dylan swore under his breath. “Pack your things and get out of there as soon as you can.”

“I- I can’t just leave-”

“Yes, you can. Don’t tell anyone you’re going.”

“Kind of hard to just pick up and leave when you live with your boyfriend.” I pointed out, wiping my cheeks clean with my sleeve.

He sighed. “Do it while he’s in class or something. You need to leave now Ella.”

“M- Maybe they don’t know what college I’m at. I mean, I only saw one of them and he was working at a diner…” I trailed off, trying to make myself believe the statement more than I was Dylan.