Two.

Chapter Two –

To say I wasn’t particularly thrilled about sitting in Andrew’s office beside my psychotic roommate at 4AM trying to find any other room available in the school – seriously, even a spare janitor’s closet would’ve done the trick – would be an understatement.

“Caleb-”

“Don’t Caleb me!” My roommate snapped. “I told my father to keep my dorm room empty if he wants me to attend this shitty ass school.” He finally took his hand away from cradling his nose, and it was then I noticed the thick British accent incorporated within his vocal chords. “If he can’t fucking listen to that part of our agreement then there’s no way in hell I’m listening to his!”

Caleb got out of his seat once he said that and pushed the chair roughly to the point where it fell over. With a final glare at my seated self, he stormed out of the office; slamming the door shut behind him and shaking the awards that were hung all over Andrew’s walls.

Andrew sighed and rubbed his temple before looking up at me. “I’m sorry about him-”

“I want to change rooms.” I cut him off immediately, not bothering to wait for the cover up excuse he was beginning to recite to me.

Andrew’s eyes widened slightly before he gave me a sympathetic look. “There aren’t actually any more rooms available at the moment.”

“How is that possible? This school specifically gave me a full scholarship – meaning one of your staff members had to go throw hundreds of applications and arrange a room, as well as everything else you’ve arranged for me without having any troubles! Or else you shouldn’t have accepted me here so early!” I exclaimed, crying to keep calm.

“We did have a room for you in the girl’s dorm! But you see, a new student came along and was paying the full amount of fees, plus a generous donation on the spot! We had to give your original room to her to make her parents happy with the school…” Andrew trailed off guiltily.

I hated the new girl already.

I sighed and bit my bottom lip in thought before speaking up again. “Well then, where am I supposed to go at 4AM if he’s going to be there?”

Andrew shook his head. “I’ve known that boy since he began to walk. He’s not going to be there. He’s angry and needs to let off some steam before he goes back.”

I gave him a look of doubt. “Are you sure?”

Andrew nodded. “Trust me. Caleb… Caleb likes to be alone a lot; he’s not very fond of change. It’s going to take him a small amount of time to get used to the fact that he now shares a room with someone.”

I frowned at my brown flats in curiosity, before looking back up at Andrew and nodding briefly in understanding. “Thank you. Sorry for waking you up at 4AM.” I apologised with a sheepish grin.

As if his body was replying to my statement for him, he began yawning while dismissing me with a nod and a small smile.

I dragged myself back to my dorm room as sleepiness began to overrule my senses again, and a loud yawn escaped my lips as I unlocked the door.

“Get out!” A deep growl snapped as soon as the door clicked open.

I rubbed my eyes sleepily before they landed on the Bi-Polar roommate himself, and my expression instantly formed into a frown. “No, this is my room too from now on and I’m tired.” I mumbled, too tired to think of a better response.

“I don’t give a fuck you idiot. Get out of my room.” Caleb repeated, sounding even angrier.

I ignored his remark and sleepily climbed into my own bed, instantly welcoming the warm bed sheets with a small smile on my face.