TB.2

As enormous as an iceberg, the sheer glass building stood proud amidst bustling side of the Karachi city right under the angry sun of summer.

On the top most floor it was only the sound of tapping keyboard, elevator pings, clicking heels and shoes and interval blaring of phone around with no humanly noise. The entire classic floor was too quite , reserved for only necessary employees on greater position that needs to be by the Owner side.

Roshan was too focused working on his laptop, his specs tugged on his round nose. Its been two days already him joining the office and he already have pile loads of work. After all its not easy to work right under CFO as his team member.

"Tring! Tring!"

The phone on his side table blared loudly tearing the professional silence of the room. He sighed typing the last extract away before grabbing it to answer.

"Hello!"

"Mr Siddiqui?" It was the lady from reception desk of their floor.

"Yes?" He responded politely.

"There's a phone call for you by a girl Libah.." Roshan tired face immediately bloomed with a big smile.

"Connect me!" His response was immediate.

Finally after a week she gathered the courage and got time to call him for the first time. He couldn't be happier; he has waited so long to hear from her. It was the office number he gave to her before leaving.

He patiently waited biting his lips for the telecom to connect.

"Assalam Walaikum!" A soft meek voice reached his ears.

She was sounding nervous and shy. He smiled over the phone.

"Walaikum Assalam! Akhir tumhe phone karne ka time mil hi gaya?"

(Finally you got time to call?)

"mmm...mainu..dar si.."

(I..I..was...)

"Wait..." He quickly interrupted. "Kya ham urdu use kar sakte hai?" He asked warily. " Mera matlab hai ye mera office hai or vaise bhi tumhe yaha mere sath hi rehna hai kuch mahino me to adat daal lo!" He teased by mentioning about their marriage.

(Can we use urdu please? ) (I mean its my office moreover you should get used to it soon. After all you will be here in few months.)

"Changa!" She blushed at the mention taking a moment before replying.

(Okay!)

"So kya kehne wali thi?" He asked huskily leaning on his desk with a smile.

(So you were saying?)

"Vo.. vo..main dar..dar rahi thi..." She bite her lip nervously replying.

(I..Was scared ..)

"Acha?" He smiled at her innocence "Vo kis liye?"

(Really?) (Why?)

"Awayin!" she  replied not knowing what to answer. She was just nervous and scared to go to the only tele booth in the village.

(Just..)

"Tuwadda daftar kivam ha?" She asked after she fell quite nervously.

(How's your office?)

"Libbo.." He trailed clicking his tongue. "Urdu..urdu!"

"Oh..maafi!" She apologized cringing on her stupidity.