F8.

Crickets chirping echoed in the dark night, sky was looking starless and cloudy, hiding the moon. That's looking suddenly gloomy now, dimming its brightness. Cool breeze now have turned into fast moving winds chilling Abeer and Rayan to the bones, who are walking pebbled pathway of Khan garden. Their hairs dancing with the winds. Sudden change in weather signaling the up coming storm.

"Storm is approaching, I guess!" Abeer spoke while taming her wild hairs when they sneaked out to talk leaving all the drama going inside.

"Well I think the bigger storm have passed already." Rayan chuckled quoting.

"Indeed, thankfully!" Abeer sighed in relief laughing along with him.

"Now going into the flashback I understand now your unusual behaviour from the morning. " Rayan started the topic.

"Yeah! I was just scared to face you and was sure that our alliance will be fixed. " She said while crossing her arms on her chest staring in a distance thoughtfully. "And Thanks to you! I never thought you will handle the situation just perfect." She smiled greatfully at him.

"Well..." Rayan dragged shrugging while hooking his hands in his pocket.

"No Rayan, seriously! You have to expose your family secret to save us. It must be painful for you but still you did." Abeer said staring at him with genuine gratitude and appreciation.

"Anything for Omer!" Rayan smiled. He is feeling like he got the wings since he successfully managed to get this alliance called off.

"Omer should know you are a true gem then." She suggested.

"He already does and no I don't think there's any need to tell him about this anymore. The guy will go crazy for nothing just by the imagination of us ending up together. So noway! I want a dent in our friendship." He joked playfully making a scared face. He shuddered by just imagining Omer's reaction. And Abeer laughed wholeheartedly.

I guess you are right then." Abeer agreed.

"By the way..." Rayan turned abruptly his face in her direction narrowing his eyes in curiosity. "I understand why I wanted this alliance to be called off? But why were you dreading this to happen?"

Abeer rolled her eyes. She never thought Rayan could ask such dumb question.

"Dude!" She was amused. "You are Omer's best friend. "

"So?"

"Are you serious?" She deadpanned.

"Well tell me..." He pestered.

"How can I marry Omer's best friend. Omer's best friend!" She exclaimed exaggerating it. As if it explains everything.

"I understand but I thought you don't love Omer." Rayan stared making a thoughtful face.

"Of course I don't!" She huffed "But he does, so how can I do that." She threw her hands up to make her explaination more clear to him.

"I swear Abeer I don't see any logic." Rayan chuckled feeling it funny. "Abeer for God sake!" He exasperatedly threw his hands too. "You don't reject a guy just because his friend has feelings for you when you aren't reciprocating it. It really doesn't matter. If you look into it more deeper than you will understand. Abeer! There are hundred guys who loves you and they have hundreds of best friends, so generally you can't use the same excuse for every guy. Things don't happen like this!" He explained and Abeer stared at him cluelessly. She now feeling like really dumb who don't have an explaination for her own reason now.

"You love him Abeer, that's why! Just admit it already." Rayan teased when he noticed Abeer is lost and completely clueless.

"No, I don't!" She retorted stubbornly.