Chapter 16: First Encounter

It was lunch time for everyone except the senior high students. Students walked out of their assigned rooms with their friends and in no time, the hallways were filled with different students from their respective years.

Umi searched for Eli in their classroom hoping to get the chance to talk to her but she failed to. A defeated sigh came from the girl as she went past the people she came across with. Out of nowhere, she sighted one of her friends.

"Nozomi-chan!" she ran to her "Umi? What brings you here all of a sudden?" Umi stood in front of her friend who stopped right beside their room's door. She became careful of her words as she could accidentally tell Nozomi about her and Eli's fight. It's not like Nozomi was not to be trusted, she just didn't feel that it was the right time. "Have you seen Eli anywhere?" Umi asked her, hoping that Nozomi would say yes "Nope, I haven't yet since our first four periods. We aren't classmates y'know"

Umi rubbed her temples, her overthinking's taking over after what seemed to be a long time. 'What if she'll call it quits? Maybe she thinks that I don't want her anymore. Totally wrong! I just don't know when to tell the girls, I can't find a perfect timing. Surely they would root for us because they're our friends... right? Yeah... The problem is this girl has gone somewhere I don't know of! Anyway, it's completely all my fault. Eli just missed me after a long time! Yeah, that should be right. But what if---'

"AH!" The girl cried in pain. "I-IT HURTS!" Umi clenched her teeth while she held her head with both of her hands "Are you alright?! What happened?!" Nozomi helped Umi to settle down on one of the chairs inside their room "Y-yeah. I guess so." Umi took a couple of deep breaths while Nozomi fanned her.

"What happened here?" Eli rushed into the room with Lilith tagging along her "I don't know, she just asked me if I saw you somewhere then all of a sudden she fell silent and then after that she suddenly yelled in pain and she fell on her knees!" a worried look was painted all over Nozomi and Eli's face, Umi still faced the floor holding her head." Eli sat beside the two and tried to help Umi. Meanwhile, Lilith just stared at the three blankly. The small girl walked near the door's entrance and a clicking sound echoed inside the room.

"I dimmed the lights. Anyone have hot water here?" Lilith softly spoke to the three "Here, I got some earlier in the cafeteria." Eli handed over her tumbler "Careful, it's hot." Lilith got a packet of ginger tea in her bag's pocket and ripped it open. She made sure to pour it all inside the tumbler, avoiding to leave any residue. "While I make this, try to slowly massage her neck and temples." Nozomi shifted near Umi and gently massaged her neck. Eli on the other hand helped Umi to straighten her form. "Ginger tea helps with headaches or migraines. I always bring a packet in case I get one myself." Lilith handed the tumbler to Eli.

Umi drank the tea Lilith made "Thanks, sorry for all the trouble." Lilith cleaned up and walked over to the garbage can on the corner of the room "No problem. You're name is..?"

"Sonoda, Umi."

"Adams, Lilith."

Lilith grabbed a chair and sat in front of Umi "Yeah, I'm from another country as you can figure from my surname. So, how long have you been getting these migraines?" The raven haired girl crossed her legs and arms as she leaned on the back of her seat. Umi sat straight up and tried to remember when her headaches started. "I don't know, a couple of years back but I think it's gotten worse. It hurts from time to time when I think hard" Umi fiddled with her fingers

"So you overthink?"

"I..."

"Have you consulted a doctor? A psychiatrist?"

"Not yet"

"Did you---"

Nozomi butted in "Is she a doctor or something?" Lilith eyed Nozomi carefully before she raised her chin up  "You a fortune teller or something? I saw you doing some tarot card shit in the catwalk earlier in the morning. You're readings don't even have a hundred percent accuracy yet you still do it for 'fun'." Lilith sighed "Do you want me to help or not?"

"Why you--"

"Quit it! There's still someone in pain here, try to be considerate, okay?" Eli interrupted, a hint of annoyance can be heard from her voice "Lilith, go on."

"Tch. I thought so." Lilith looked at her nails coated with blood red nail polish while the heels of her boots clacked on the floor "Like I said, go visit a doctor or psychiatrist. It might be something even bad than just a simple headache. Better be safe than sorry." She looked at the girl with the slightest look of pity she had. "Y-Yeah, I'll try to fit it in my schedule."

"You better do it. Don't let my efforts go to waste." Lilith stood up from her seat and waltzed out of the room.

"Has she always been that rude?" Nozomi asked while she fixed her ponytail, Eli just chuckled "Cut her some slack, she just wanted to help Umi."

"Well, I better leave the two of you to um.. talk. See you later!" and with that, Nozomi headed off.

An eerie silence filled the room while Umi continued to rub her temples. Eli shuffled to Umi's front "You okay now?" she patted Umi's thighs. "Yeah."

Eli suddenly recalled that she told Umi that she wanted to have a talk "About earlier.."

Umi jumped from her seat "Y-Yeah! I-I'm sorry about all the stuff that I said about keeping silent! I don't want to call it quits between us, it's too early and I don't want that to happen between us!" words of apology quickly rolled off from her tongue. "Easy, don't stress yourself out." Eli helped Umi calm down. She was worried that the headache might come back.

"Okay, first of all, I'm sorry whenever this tongue of mine slips. I'm just really excited to tell our friends about our relationship. It's been three months already and the two of us are the only ones who know about this. The thought just saddens me."

"I'm sorry you had to process all that. I just can't find a perfect timing to tell them in person." Umi lowered her head and frowned. She was too ashamed to confront Eli about it but she was glad that they're fixing another one of their issues instead of letting pride get in their way.

"If we can't find the perfect timing then let's just make one!" Eli cheered, the younger one gave her a confused look. "What do you mean, Eli?" she asked. "Let's have a sleep over at my place, the nine of us together. We can tell them about us then!"

Umi liked the idea of getting together after a while, it would surely be a good opportunity to reveal their love to the others. "Sure, I also think that we shouldn't keep this a secret from them." Eli sprung from her seat and clung on to her girl as she hugged her. Umi looked happy from the likes of it, she was relieved that the tension finally died down. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'll start preparing when I get home later, let's spread the word to all of them!" Umi giggled at the sight of her lover getting giddy.

[GROUP CHAT]

ELI: Sleep over at my house tonight! Bring your comfiest pjs and all your beauty kits. It's girls night at my place!

HANAYO: E-Eh?! All of a sudden?

NICO: Why, you got something up your sched?

HANAYO: No, just surprised we'll be having one out of the blue. Hehe

HONOKA:  I'll bring lots of Mandu later :3

KOTORI: I'll bring cheesecake!

MAKI: I'll bring the facemasks! Lucas got me plenty back in Germany <3

ELI: Bring 7, Umi and I have our own, heh..

MAKI: Well, more for me then! :D

NOZOMI: What time tho?

ELI: 6 pm. I'll be heading off earlier to get the place ready later.

UMI: I'll come with you, I'll help.

ELI: Sure :*

RIN: I'll bring my kitten sock puppets!

NICO: No.

RIN: Yes.

NICO: No.

RIN: YES.

ELI: Suit yourselves, we'll be waiting for you. Don't bail on me, I'm gonna tell y'all something important ;)

*END OF CHAT*