Chapter 8: Lies

Third person's POV~

The gray-headed girl kept wincing in pain while she aided her newly injured wrist, a small portion of blood was still coming out but she had no choice. It was a relief that her mother wasn't home otherwise she would get another scolding which sometimes ticked her off.

She was nice to other people and is still portraying that, but as she grew older, her perspective of the world changed a lot. Her patience grew shorter, new words were added to her personal vocabulary, mostly profanity. Although she had this new side to herself, she kept it secret from the others whilst hiding behind a facade.

A new side she didn't expose.

A new side that no one would want to discover.

An alter ego, but much more complicated than it seems.

The words coward, extra, and push over occasionally repeated in her mind. Usually she would laugh it off whenever she heard it from other people, she didn't even bother to defend herself, let alone all the hurtful words stab her everywhere.

She was convinced that all those words do indeed define her but it never became a hindrance to their school idol activities.

Kotori was loved in the eyes of the public. People admired her clothes designing skills, her looks, not to mention her stage presence within μ's.

Now being the regular senior high student that she is, she only had herself to fend for. Although she has the other 8 girls loyally by her side, they didn't know about this new side that she had.

Frustrated with all the thoughts she was having at the moment, she decided to go through all the photos that she and her friends took together.

From their childhood, up to their first day in Otonokizaka High School, to the time that the 9 of them were all together competing in school idol events, when they traveled overseas, and to their graduation day.

Kotori smiled, her mind flooded with all the good times she recalled and kept close to her heart dearly. The joy whenever they rose up the school idol rankings together, the tiring days of nonstop practices on the school's rooftop, and many more.

Tears trickled down her pale and cold cheeks, wiping them, she released a heavy sigh.

"I wish everything would go back to the way it was before." she walked over to her to her window sill and sat, glancing outside to see the gloomy sky weeping.

"But everything's different now." the girl sighed once more leaning against the window. The sound of rain pouring on the roof calmed her senses, her eyes heavy, drifting off to sleep.

---------

"Tag, you're it!" a little girl was running around the park with her two friends playing tag, laughing along "that's unfair Kotori-chan!" a young Honoka complained while stomping her feet, her two friends laughing at her "eeehh?? you were too slow you dum duum!!" Umi teased Honoka more, giggling on the ground "oww, you're really gonna get it!!" the two children ran off, chasing each other leaving their friend behind.

Kotori didn't mind. Her attention was caught as her eyes darted on her dad who accompanied her to the park sitting on a bench far away with an unfamiliar person "Daddy?" she muttered to herself, stealthily walking to a bush near the benches where her dad and the other person were, trying to hide herself from their sight.

The child was left in shock witnessing how her dad said his 'I love you's' to another person, but it was not her mom. It was his mistress. The lady had skimpy clothes that clung onto her curvy figure, her hair was let down styled into curls, her lips were a shade of blood red, her long fluttering lashes that were used to attract her dad. The woman would look enchanting to any man, but she did reek of cigars and alcohol, it was unpleasant.