Chapter Thirty Five

Saving damsel in distress? Ha! Kelan pa?

I couldn't help the loud and unladylike snort I emitted. He grabbed my arm. Of course, as usual, I always try to wriggle free from his touch but success was far from my reach. Beat it.

"Pare... you look familiar, have we seen before?" Good God. Mickey Salazar couldn't have uttered the right words. Another neanderthal. I rolled my eyes heavenward. If he only knew that I'd mistaken Rave for him before.

"Pare... can't you get a more original line? And I'm straight." Rave tapped his shoulder in a mocking way and dragged me to the entryway. I would have laughed at that remark if he wasn't dragging me like this and people were staring incredulously at us.

"Rave! Stop. I'm going to the ladies' room." He faced me and let go of my wrist. It had already a mark of a gripping hand on it. I rubbed the sting away. "Sorry." He said insincerely. I raised both my hands in surrender.

"You might want to go along?" He gritted his teeth as I patted his cheek and went inside the comfort room. I breathed a sigh of relief. Five minutes.

"Gosh... my dress was splashed with juice. My date was out there. Damn." I pouted as I heard the woman cursing in front of the mirror trying to brush the stain on her gown. I smiled prettily and coughed. She glared at me.

"Hi.." She shrugged. She's in a very bad snit. "I could help you.." She gaped at me as if she'd seen a miracle. "How?" I smiled again... she was about my form. It would do. And she's from the elite society I doubt not. Desperate circumstances call for desperate measures.

I peeked out of the door quietly and did not see a glimpse of Rave. I puffed out a sigh. Maybe he got tired or.. whatever. I stepped out careful of the faces I was passing by. I bumped into somebody. My head was still bowed. "Sorry." I passed through the throng of people but some dancers had bumped me, I tumbled into a dark corner.

Someone had steadied me, hanging on to my waist.

"Thank yo—" I gasped. No, no... it was more of a shriek. He smiled at me but his jaw was flexed indicating his fury. I took a couple of steps backward. Deja vu. He was inching forward. He had cornered me. He was pinning me on the wall. The disco ball was illuminating shadows on his face.

"Running away? That dress... never mind." He sighed then he remembered the scene earlier, he frowned. "You just can't get enough, can you? From Riel to that... that... gay? Are you that desperate?" His voice was deceptively calm but the underlying note of animosity couldn't be mistaken. He was now breathing fire on me.

"Wow. How about you? From Tracy to Laina? That is grand Rave." My voice was dripping with sarcasm. My heart was palpitating so fast I could scarcely think anymore.

"Darling... why don't you include yourself?" I tried to kick him up but his one hand had stopped my knee on time. I shoved him hard but it was like pushing a wall. I saw a slow playful smile tugged on his lips. It was too late before I knew what he was up to, he had already strained his lower body to fit into mine. I almost gasped. This was a nefarious position. I couldn't scream, could I? For Pete's sake this is a bar.

"Let me go! Riel will kill you if he found out that you were forcing me." I screamed at his face when he angled my head to his. "Where is he? Is he out there somewhere? Dancing perhaps?" He bent his head to claim my mouth in a punishing way. I tried to turn my head from side to side but he was stronger. Persistent. Why couldn't I just feel like this with Riel? Instead of this maniac who was harassing me in public? Damn. I opened my eyes suddenly.

We. Were. In. Public.

I was breathing harshly when he was a scant away. "One more thing, who said about forcing here?" My curse was muffled by his kiss. I couldn't help feeling helpless under his seeking invasion. I didn't know when my eyes got misty. I was responding to him willingly. All the emotions I tried to suppress these past few days burst like a dam.