Chapter 10:3

Kendra and Lisa stood up. Kendra began to tremble. Will and Pam looked at him, immediately.

Arlene had missed Will's call.

Mark turned his head and saw Will. "Looks like I came here the perfect time," Mark said. He reached for his gun under his shirt, and in a flash, he shot two bullets into Will's left shoulder and another into his upper right abdomen.

Pam, Kendra, and Lisa screamed. Will fell on the floor, bleeding. Pamela dropped herself down on her knees, beside him. She began to check his pulse.

Mark pointed the gun at Kendra, then at Lisa. He didn't shoot them. He ran into his car and sped off.

Pam's body was shaking and her stomach was hurting. She gently took Will's bloody shirt off of him and applied pressure to his wounds to prevent him from bleeding out. She called 911 with Will's cellphone, tears pouring from her eyes. She cried out the address and told them what happened. Kendra and Lisa were crying as they stared at Pam and Will. Will was quiet. He was staring at the ceiling. He felt Pam's tears dripping on his cheek.

Pam felt a relief every time he blinked. "I'm sorry, baby," she cried. "I shouldn't have left. I'm so sorry."

A few minutes later, police and an ambulance pulled up. They pulled Will onto a stretcher and put him inside of the truck.

Immediately, they began medical procedures. Pam tried to fight her way through, to get inside of the truck, but the police held her back. She cried and screamed. They told her which hospital he would be in, and the ambulance drove away.

The police then asked them some questions. Kendra told them everything about Mark, including where he worked. She hated him.

Mark didn't know where Lisa or Pam lived, so, after they finished talking to the police, Lisa gave Kendra the key to her house. Kendra packed up her things and drove to Lisa's place, frequently glancing in the rearview mirror to make sure she wasn't being followed.

Pam and Lisa drove separately to the hospital. Lisa no longer cared about missing her work meeting. This was serious. She loved Will like a brother, and she needed to be there for Pam.

They all met up at the entrance, and waited in the lobby for a while.

The doctor updated Pam about Will's stable condition, and she tried to calm down.

She called Will's parents, Isaac, then Zavier. She told each of them, "Will got shot. He's in stable condition," and the name of the hospital. That's all she had the strength to say.

Isaac was furious. Zavier vomited, then, he headed straight to Phoenix, from California.

Isaac was the first to arrive. He hugged the ladies, then told them to explain what happened. They did. Isaac wanted to go find Mark. He told Pam to call Chadwick and Khalid. She told them the same thing she told everyone else and hung up. She was still shaking.

Isaac was standing up. He couldn't think straight. Pam was sitting down with her face in her hands, bawling. Kendra felt terrible, and tears were pouring from her eyes. She was blaming herself for everything. Lisa was sitting beside Pam, rubbing Pam's back and shoulders. She was trying to be strong. Someone had to be.

Outside was beginning to get dark. The doctor, a light brown, middle-aged woman with orange-ish hair and freckles, walked up to them. "He's in a private room now. Would you all like to go see him?" she asked with a warm smile.

Isaac nodded while the ladies stood up. The doctor began leading them to the room.

Lisa was thinking, Damn. I should've never brought Will over to Kendra's. Wait, what am I saying? If Will wasn't there, Mark would've killed Kendra and probably Pam too. What would I do, then? I can't live without my girls. I'm upset that Will got shot, but maybe it happened for that reason. Kendra and Pam are alive and I'm grateful. I hate Mark so damn much.