Chapter 1

*********************

Pamela Winston-Meyers, laid in bed, at 5pm, after a day's work at the Pediatric center, as a Registered Nurse, doing check-ups, and giving injections.

She had went straight home after grabbing a quick meal from a local restaurant. She wasn't in the mood to cook. Her husband, a young Engineer, named William Meyers, called "Will," wouldn't mind. It wouldn't be the first nor the last. They had met when she was seventeen and he was eighteen. They got engaged 4 years later, and married a year after. They had been together for eight years total. Married for three years. They had a nice, cozy, four-bedroom home, in Phoenix, Arizona. They had no children. Will desperately wanted to, but Pamela still wasn't ready.

She flicked through the tv channels, feeling fresh and smelling like cocoa butter from her warm shower and lotion. Her covers were thin and smooth. As the air conditioner pumped out cool air, she began to feel chilly, and shifted the covers to cover her shoulder, all the way down to her toes. She was comfortable, but, something was missing. Something had been missing for years. Mental peace. But beginning late last year, it had taken a turn for the worse.

She felt like she was stifling. She was so overwhelmed, that she had to sit up. She tried to breathe slowly and calm herself from the anxiety that was attacking her like she was its enemy. Tears filled her eyes. Her body tensed. Then, she heard footsteps. "Pam! You home?" Her car wasn't parked out front. It was in the garage. Will had parked outside, so he wasn't sure if she was at home or not.

She hurried to wipe the tears from her eyes, and hopped out of bed to look in the mirror and make sure she looked like she was fine. He knew of her past mental struggles, but she didn't tell him too much and she didn't want to, but at the same time she wanted his comfort. She also no longer told her parents, her sister, or her bestfriends. She didn't want to be a burden on anyone. However, she did tell them all before, but they didn't think much of it.
'Just pray. You will be okay,' her parents would say. Will would stay quiet and hug her when she told him. That wasn't enough. Her sister, Paige, would tell her she needs to go out more and have fun. Her bestfriends would just tell her she needed to spice things up in her life. None of them were right. None of them offered real help, so she started to keep it all in, and it got worse.

"Yeah, I'm home. I'm in here," she answered, trying to lighten her mood.

"You okay?" He opened the door and asked.

"Yeah. How come you're home so early?"

"I didn't have much to do, today."

She was back in bed, sitting up with the covers on her lower body. He walked over to her and planted a kiss on her lips. Then, he did a front flip over her legs, and landed on the opposite side of the bed. She smiled and rolled her eyes. The anxiety was still there and she was silently battling it, trying to not look suspicious. Stressful, dark thoughts began to sweep through her mind and she had a fearful expression on her face. Will was staring at her the whole time and noticed that she was tense.

"You sure you're okay? What's wrong?" He reached for her hand to hold.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking 'bout something."

"Like what?"

"Something about work. Nothing serious. I rather just forget about it." She forced a smile.

Will checked his watch. "Damn, what time is it? I gotta pick up Isaac from work at 8. His car is getting worked on."

Pamela asked "Well, what's up with Maxine?"

"I guess they're not on good terms again."

"As usual." They both smiled.

"So, are you coming right back home after?"