Chapter 19

It had been a week that Mrs. Meyers had been staying at Will and Pam's home. It was now Saturday afternoon, and both Will and Pam were off from work. With nothing much to do, they were in the living room watching tv. Pam was sitting down on the couch, while Will was laying down, with his head on her lap.

He looked away from the tv, when he caught a glimpse of his mother walking into the living room. She had her bags packed.

"What you doing, ma?" Will asked, already insinuating.

She looked at him, and asked, "Can you drive me home?"

Will sat up. "Take you home for what?"

"I'm going home," Mrs. Meyers responded.

"You're going home for what?"

"Will, don't act like this. You know what I mean."

Will frowned. "So you're about to go back to him? After all the bullshit he put you through?"

"Don't talk to me like that. He apologized."

"And he's just gon' do the same thing again. Why you keep doing this to yourself?"

"Can you please take me home, William?"

"No, I'm not taking you home."

"Pam, can you please t-"

"No, she's not taking you home!" Will yelled, interrupting Mrs. Meyers' question.

"Don't raise your voice at me!" Mrs. Meyers yelled.

Will stood up, and said, "Tell me one good reason why you wanna go back to him."

"I love him."

"Why?"

She didn't respond, so Will said, "Exactly. You don't even have a reason to love him."

"He's your father. We made two decent men together. I love him for that," she told him.

"That ain't no reason to put up with his bullshit, ma. He can kill you."

"He is not going to kill me."

Will shook his head. "You just ain't gon' ever learn. No matter how much we try to tell you to get away from him, you don't wanna listen. If he loves you as much as you love him, you think he would be beating on you?"

"Can you take me home, Pam?"

"Pam's not about to do anything," Will said.

"That's her choice," Mrs. Meyers responded.

"Like I said, ma, Pam's not taking you home."

"I'll call Zavier then."

"You really think Zavier is gon' take you home?"

Mrs. Meyers stared at Will, then said, "I'll tell your father to come pick me up."

Will walked over to the telephone, and grabbed it. He then took up his and Pam's cellphones from the coffee table, and sat down, holding on to them.

"Give me the phone, William," Mrs. Meyers demanded.

He ignored her.

"William, I'm not playing with you. I'm your mother. Give me the phone."

He still ignored her.

"I still have things over there. Even my car is still there. I'm going to have to go back home. I should of driven my own damn car over here."

Will still didn't respond.

"So what do you want me to do, divorce him? I just can't."

"I don't see why not!" Will shouted.