Chapter 20

After a great therapy session with Dr. Thomas, Pam was for the first time in a long while, feeling at peace.

Will exited the bathroom and she wrapped her arms around him and puckered her lips for a kiss. He smooched her lips, then twirled her around.

"Oh really? What else can you do?" she teased. Will picked her up and lifted her all the way up in the air, as she grinned.

"Alright, put me down before you hurt yourself," Pam joked.

"Whatever," Will responded, putting her down.

"I want you to promise me something," Pam said, staring into his eyes.

"Anything."

"I want you to promise me that if you're ever feeling overwhelmed or just mentally not where you want to be, you will have therapy sessions with Doctor Thomas."

Will smiled, nodded, then said, "I promise."

He pulled her close and passionately kissed her.

                                  ●
It was now 9:30 p.m. and another one of Isaac's parties had just begun.

Will and Pam stepped inside of Isaac's house, holding hands. They broke away, and greeted Isaac, Leslie, Lisa, Kendra, Chadwick, Khalid, Stacy, Marcus, and Finn.

"Y'all shoulda been made it here," Isaac said.

"You said the party started at nine-thirty, so we came at nine-thirty," Will said.

"Whatever, dawg," Isaac responded.

Isaac hung an arm around Lisa's shoulders.

Pam smirked at them. "You two seem very comfortable," she teased.

Lisa smiled, and said, "Whatever, Pam."

Zavier then walked inside. "What's good, fam?" he said to Pam and Will.
He had his twists cut off, and was rocking a low haircut.

Will smiled at him, and said, "Oh shit, you done switched your game up."

Zavier dapped his hand, and responded, "Damn right."

"You look so much like Will," Pam said as Zavier hugged her.

Everyone nodded. He did in fact strongly resemble Will. The only thing different were their skin tone. Zavier inherited their father's light complexion, while Will was a mixture of their mother's dark complexion and their father's light complexion.

Will smiled.

They all went outside to enjoy the party.

Leslie walked up to Will and Pam and said, "Guess what."

"Just say it," Will said with a smile.

"I quit basketball. And my parents are cool with it. I talked to my guidance counselor and she told me about this program that will give me a scholarship if I maintain A's and B's. You and Isaac don't have to pay my tuition. I'll take the challenge," Leslie said.

Will pulled her in for a big hug, and told her, "I'm proud of you, cuz. Do your thing."

She smiled, then she turned to Pam, and said, "And guess what else."

"Just go ahead and tell me already," Pam told her.

Leslie smiled. "Isaac actually invited me to this party. He's really trying to spend more time with me. And I like Lisa a lot. I think they have a thing for each other."

Pam laughed. "They sure do," she responded.

"I have one more thing to tell you," Leslie said to Pam.

Pam nodded. Leslie continued, "My parents met my boyfriend. They loved him, so I'm gonna introduce him to you, Will, Isaac, and Zavier."

She then looked at Will.

Will slightly frowned, and said, "He better be a good dude. And he better not be on that touchy-feely nonsense with you."

Pam looked at Will and joked, "Weren't you on that touchy-feely nonsense with me when I was close to her age?"

Will looked at Pam, and responded, "You're missing the point. These dudes nowadays be on some freaky shit. I don't want no dude touching all over my baby cousin. You know the principle."

Leslie and Pam laughed at him.

Everyone started to groove to the music, and Pam, Lisa, and Kendra were dancing together.

Kendra then got asked for a dance, and drifted away from Pam and Lisa.

After a while, Lisa went to go talk with Isaac.

Pam just danced by herself to the fast-paced music that played.

The energy of the party then simmered down when slow RnB began to play.

Pam stood still, hugging herself, until she smelled the fresh cologne of her favorite man.

Will slid his hands on her waist and kissed her neck.

She then turned around to face him, and slid her arms around him. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and they slow-danced to the rhythm of the song.

Both Will and Pam knew that once they had each other, there was nothing that they couldn't overcome, for they would rather overcome, before they break, than to give up and be broken.

The End.

Any thoughts on the book? Who was the best character? Who was the worst?