CHAPTER FOURTEEN

We packed up the little things we did have and began traveling once again, Zuko and I would take turns on Rex with Iroh.
   I was on the ostrich when Iroh wouldn't stop whining from the pain in his shoulder, moaning and groaning in pain.

   "Maybe we should stop and set up camp." Zuko suggested.

   "I agree." I nodded just wanting to get off.

   "No please, don't stop just for me." Iroh said but he groaned in pain and I stopped the animal.

   "Trade me." I said looking down at Zuko, we both jumped down and Iroh sat on a flat rock, he rubbed his shoulder.

   "You know we would actually get somewhere if we had a map." I said and made water bubbles for all of us.

   Zuko wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Where are we gonna get a map?"

   I gave him a tight smile. Rex looked around so did we after hearing noises rapidly getting closer. Soon we were surrounded by five rhinos with guys riding them.

   "Colonel Mongke," Iroh got up placing his hand on his nephew's shoulder to stop him from attacking. "What a pleasant surprise."

   "If you're surprised we're here then the Dragon of the West, has lost a few steps." The man said and hit his wrist plate things together. In fact they all had different weapons.

   "You know these guys?" Zuko asked.

   "Sure, Colonel Mongke, and the Rough Rhinos are legendary." Iroh replied. "Each one is a different kind of weapon specialist, they are also a very capable singing group."

   "We're not here to give a concert, we're here to apprehend fugatives." The Monkey replied.

   "Would you like some tea first?" Iroh asked. "I'd love some, how about you Katchi. I make you as a jasmine man, am I right?"

   "Enough stalling, round 'em up!" Mongke ordered.

   We took them out faster than I expected, you know for being weapon specialist. So much for that. We were all on the bird getting away from them.

   "It's nice to see old friends." Iroh said.

   "Too bad you don't have any old friends who don't want to attack you." Zuko said.

   "Hmm old friends that don't want to attack me." Iroh repeated, thinking.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   We ended up in a deserted village, the area filled with sandbenders, Zuko pulled me to his side but I gently pulled away. It was still a bit awkward at least for me, I still felt bad but didn't change how I felt about our current relationship. Just friends.
   We walked into a dimly lit shop or something, waiting for something. I wasn't necessarily sure what that something was but I trusted Iroh enough.

   "So what exactly are we waiting for?" I asked secretly playing with an ice disk on the table.

   "Patience." Iroh said and I finished the last on my mango drink.

   We waited until the sun had set and still nothing happened. The table was piled with 9 cups and the place was still boring. I huffed and leaned back against the wall.
   Zuko and I kept glancing at each other, we still hadn't talked much since the night of the kiss. It was like a tension was growing between us, even when we tried to be nice to each other like when we brought the drinks it was always awkward saying a simple thank you.