Chapter 1 ~ The Arrival

Ginger Clark arrived in Kembleford determined to get the scoop of her carrier. She worked as the only female reporter for the daily mail, looked down upon by her boss and the other reporters. If she successfully reported this she hoped that she would gain more respect in the office.

Getting off the train she briskly walked out of the station and looked at a map looking for a hotel or a pub she could stay at. Finding one satisfactory she walked down the street to it.

The village made her feel calm, the birds tweeting and the clear sky was alien to her, being used to the smog of London, she carried on down the street, reaching the pub she entered and walked up the bar and calls the barman.

'Hello love what can I do for ya?' the barman asked.

'I would like a room' Ginger stated

'that would be £1 a night (this was around £37 now) or with meals £3' the guys said, being out a key to the rooms.

'I will just have the nights' Ginger said, handing him the first payment.

He nodded and handed Ginger a key, taking her up to the room.

It was a quite bare, with an uncomfortable bed and a small cupboard for clothes. She leaves her suitcase on the bed 'there is time' she said to herself, Grabbing her camera and notepad to take notes. She looked at the map of th village to find the police station. she memories where to go she leaves and locks the room.

Going out the pub she heads down the street, passing little shops and houses.
She entered the station and walked up to the counter.

'Hello, I'm Ginger Clark, may I speak to the inspector?' she asked to the Sargent on duty.

'I'll see if he's in ma'am' he said, walking over to the office and talking with the man inside. 'You can go in now' he said.

Ginger walked past him and into the room, seeing a smartly dressed man with gelled black hair sitting in front of her.