Chapter 6: Playdate

Chapter 6: Playdate

Tori Vega's Point of View

The next week goes by very quickly, it seems like going to school at Hollywood Arts goes by a lot faster than at my old school. This school is just so exciting, every lesson has its perks and I'm actually enjoying them. I feel like i'm getting closer to Jade as time passes as well, we talk at lunch and in Sikowitz's class a bit more often then we did the previous week. I know it's wrong, but I can't help but just love every minute i'm with her.

I'm getting worse with the fantasizing though. It's seems like I daydream a lot about what it would be like to be with Jade on a higher level, just little things she does triggers these fantasies. Like when she lets her fingers play with each other, I can't help but imagine what it would be like to kiss every one of her fingers before they intertwine with my own. Or when she purses her lips, I'd like to think of how they would feel against my skin.

It's torturous really, I can't stop these thoughts when she's around. It's hard to think straight around her.

"Hey Tori."

Speak of the devil.

I turn around from my locker to see a certain beauty walking my way, I completely ignore what Robbie is still telling me because of the sight in front of me. I slightly smile, trying to keep my breathing under control.

"Hi there, Jade." I am able to get out as she comes and stands beside me. Robbie rolling his eyes once he realizes that his conversation is over.

"Have you seen Beck anywhere? I have a bone to pick with him." Jade then asks me making me raise my eyebrows.

"No I haven't seen him since this morning, is everything okay between you two?" I ask almost desperately, it really is sick of me to have any hope of my best friend and his girlfriend breaking up, just so I can feel less guilty about liking her so much.

Jade looks down at her feet for a moment, showing the slightest moment of vulnerability, before looking back up and glaring at Robbie. He lets his features portray that he's frightened, knowing he doesn't want to have Jade upset with him.

"Robbie leave." Jade then calmly tells him.

"Of course." He squeals before running off towards the vending machine. Jade then moves towards the space he was standing in, leaning up against the locker next to mine. Her eyes look at my locker before her eyebrows raise a bit.

"Make what shine?" She then asks looking at my new decor that I had finally finished a few days ago.

"Um...I don't really know. It's the song title from this song I wrote." I then tell her nervously, hoping she doesn't think it's stupid. "I sang the song for my audition." I then gulp, leaning forward a bit so I can press the button on my locker, making it light up.

"Cool." She simply says as she stares at the little twinkeling lights on my locker.

"So...everything alright with you and Beck?" I then ask to spark up a conversation, she looks up at me with another shrug.

"I'm not happy with him at the moment." She confesses calmly, surprising me a bit with how calm she is acting if she's angry.

"What did he do?" I question cautiously, hoping it's okay to keep asking questions. I soon see anger start to rise in her, not towards me, but clearly with Beck.

"He called me obnoxious." She huffs, adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder. "We've been fighting ever since." She starts with annoyance in her voice, "He then purposefully gave Nicole fucking Johnson a ride this morning to school just to piss me off." She huffs again clenching her fists, letting her skin turn a bit red.