Chapter 12: Tumble Weed

Tori Vega's Point of View

The next morning, I wake up with a groggily yawn. I open my eyes and see the sky starting to wake up as well, it's a light blue but it's not bright out yet. I take a deep breath, before attempting to rise from my laying position, but something is keeping me down. I look down and see Jade on top of me, her head in the crook of my neck as her hand lays in the valley on my chest. My arm is wrapped around her, holding her closer to me.

Her eyes are closed as she takes soft breaths, I can feel her stomach move slightly against my waist. I gulp not knowing when or how this happened. I can feel her breath so close to my neck, it's slow and warm, and it's absolutely driving me crazy inside. I thought she was close last night, but that was nothing compared to this.

I look over to Cat who is fast asleep, holding her stuffed animal in her arms. I look over to Trina's Cot and see her playing with her I-Pad. She had brought a solar charger, which had powered the thing this whole trip.

"Trina." I whisper, trying to move as little as possible.

"Finally woke up, huh?" She chuckles making me frightened that she'll wake up Jade.

"Do you see what's happening?" I whisper frantically, so shocked by all of this.

"Yeah I do." She chuckles teasingly, "Are you sure you're the one with the crush? Or are you guys having an affair, she seems to be just as whipped about you as you are about her. Everyone in a mile radius could hear you giggling together last night."

I blush at Trina's words, not seeing it. Jade doesn't like me back, it's a one-way crush. "We're just friends." I tell Trina, trying not to sound upset about it. I look down at Jade, her hair sprawling over half of my chest, her cheek up against my flushed neck. Even now, she's still the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

"Whatever, I'd just enjoy this moment then Tori. How many times do you get to cuddle with your crush?" Trina mentions, making a good point. Trina then tells me she needs to go use the restroom, so she then leaves the tent. I let my arm hold Jade a little closer, not wanting this to end.

Jade doesn't stir, she is the deepest sleeper I know. I could use that as an advantage to hold her longer. I look down at Jade for a while, just watching her breathe. She seems so peaceful, well-rested. The stress in her face from yesterday is completely gone, leaving only a happy Jade. I lean my head forward a bit and kiss the top of her head, unable to resist. Her hair smells like the lake, making me smile. I then spend the rest of the morning holding her against me as I look up at the changing colors in the sky as the sun fully comes up. Trina returns soon telling me that the guys are starting to wake up, Beck and Robbie already eating some breakfast.

"How are you going to play this off when she wakes up?" Trina smirks, making me think of that for the first time.

"Um, pretend to be asleep?" I suggest to myself, making Trina roll her eyes.

"Well, that might work. You're bad at acting under pressure though, especially around Jade." Trina tells me making me glare at her.

"Whatever." Trina shrugs before starting to change out of her pajamas. I look over and see Cat starting to stir in her sleeping bag, yawning as she lets her eyes flutter open. I close my eyes in a panic pretending to be asleep, maybe Trina was right. I'm not that great under pressure.

"Morning." I hear Cat's bubbly voice say, she then goes silent for a moment. "Look at Jade and Tori." She then whispers shocked.

"Yup." Trina replies with a bored tone.