Chapter 1: From Hollywood to Hollywood

Tori Vega's Point of View

"Trina! Stop that! You're hurting me!" I lightly shout out at my older sister, she just waves me off, continuing to stick her elbow into my rib cage as she adjusts herself in her seat.

"Oh shush Tori, there are other people on this plane too, ya know?" She replies back making me groan as her elbow digs deeper into my side. I try to scoot away from her, but it's almost impossible considering the window of the plane is all I can lean into.

Trina's elbow soon releases the pressure on me as she finally sits normally in her seat, I sigh a breath of relief wishing I didn't have to get stuck sitting next to Trina on this flight. I can't believe I have to spend five hours listening to her complaints and demands of rubbing her feet. I swear I love my sister, it's just, it can be so difficult to sometimes. So instead of listening to her like a normal sister would, I reach down into my bag down by my feet, and grab my I-Pod.

"I really hope that our new neighbors are young and not old, old people smell. There better be some cute boys in the neighborhood, otherwise we will be moving back-" my headphones being placed in my ears, cut off Trina's annoying chatter. I immediately smile when the Hall & Oats song begins to play.

I look out the window of the plane, finding the view breathtaking. We're above the clouds already, so all I can see is the puffy tops of each cloud that look like giant marshmallows. The sky is blue as it can be, making it the perfect day for a flight. I lean my head back against the seat, keeping my eyes fixated on the beauty of outside.

Leaving Florida will be hard, it's hard right now, literally seeing myself leaving the place i've called home all my life. California should be good though, at least it's warm there as well. I don't think I could handle moving to a place that is so cold all the time. I have to be excited about this move, Trina and I both get to go to a performing arts school in Hollywood. Any teenager would be stoked about this, I guess i'm just more nervous than anything though.

I don't know what there is to be nervous about, I know I will already have a friend. It's not like i'll be lonely, Beck will be there. It's going to be amazing to be able to be near him in person again. Keeping up with your best friend through email and face-time is a lot harder than I thought it would be when he moved to California five years ago.

When my dad got a new job in California and Beck said that he could help get Trina and I some auditions for Hollywood Arts, everything seemed to move so quickly. We sent our auditions in through an email and soon enough, our family started to pack for the big move. Beck was so excited when I told him, which makes me happy knowing he still would love to be my friend once I got to Hollywood.

It's going to be hard getting used to a new life though, but I know that it will be easy making up for time lost with Beck. He'll make it easy really, he's the most outgoing yet chill guy I know. Ever since we were kids, we would do everything with each other. Our mothers were friends early on, so we even took many bubble-baths together, which today the pictures still haunt me. He's like a brother though, he was the boy that I always begged my mother to trade in for Trina.

When he moved away five years ago, it was terrible. I had to learn how to make a new best friend, even though Beck and I have tried very hard to keep our relationship alive long-distantly. Which I would say we have succeeded better than most would. We still talk a lot over the phone nowadays, it's going to be a nice change to not have to do that anymore though. Now I will be able to actually talk to him, face to face.

It will be absolutely, wonderful.

*****

There's lots of city here, more than I pictured in my head. I knew that I was moving to another city, but I guess I just had this picture in my mind that made the thought of Hollywood, as different as it could get from Florida. This place we're driving to, this place that I will soon call home, is so close to the city. I honestly can't tell if i'm enjoying the thought of that, or if i'm having a panic attack.