Chapter 8: Just Additional

Tori Vega's Point of View

My eyes snap open to sunlight, I cover them with a hand, blinking a few times to see again. I look around questionably, my vision returning slowly. I sit up from my laying position, finding a blanket over top of me. I look around and begin to remember that i'm at Jade's house, I search for my phone in my jacket pocket, pulling it out and seeing that it's ten in the morning. 

My senses start to come alive, my nose smelling eggs being cooked. I take off the blanket as I stand up from the couch, I fold the blanket and put it on the arm of the couch before walking through the house towards the smell of food. I round a corner and enter a beautiful kitchen, finding Jade standing in front of the stove, cooking eggs as she listens to her I-pod. 

She looks up to me and grins, pulling out one of her ear-buds. "Good morning." she then looks back to her eggs, toast popping up in the toaster. 

"Morning." I half smile, finding the situation a bit odd. She dumps the eggs on a large plate, before returning the pan to the stove. She smiles as she makes the two plates, I stand awkwardly looking down at my wrinkled clothes. 

"Sorry that I fell asleep, I should have gone home." I apologize feeling kind of guilty. 

"No, thank you for staying. You made me feel better." She tells me as she sets the two plates at the island, the bar stools, only inches apart. She sits down and pats the stool next to hers, "Hope you like your eggs scrambled." 

"Wow, thank you. This is awesome." I tell her as I sit down, we both take a few bites before she talks. 

"We should hang out more." She tells me, making my smile appear. She stares at me with a small smile before simply shrugging. 

"We should, I'd love that." I tell her which makes her grin, she then goes back to her food staying silent for the rest of the meal. It's not uncomfortable, it's enjoyable, sitting with her, eating breakfast together. When we finish, she invites me to her room upstairs before I leave. Her room is fascinating, it shows a lot of her personality making me love it. 

With the scissors and the film posters, her room is really fun to look at. We both sit on her bed, talking for a bit, myself forgetting that I was going to leave after I went into her room. We talk about when we were kids and all of the funny things that happened to us, we talk about our favorite films and books, we talk about each other's dreams of becoming famous. 

Somehow we get onto the topic of celebrity crushes, I feel guilty when I have to lie though. Instead of sharing some of the iconic women I love, I talk of some of the more mainstream men that most teenage girls are crazy for, quickly trying to talk about something differently. Jade seems a little curious though, almost as if she's trying to get inside my head or something. I am able to change the topic, glad that I don't have to stress about maybe revealing something about myself, that I'd rather her not know just yet. Her weird attitude changes then, going back to her normal self again. 

The entire time i'm with her though, I can control myself when it comes to the staring and the desire to touch her, but I can't stop the fact that i'm absolutely in love with her. 

*****

When I get home at two o' clock, the house is empty and I take advantage of that. I grin like a little girl as I sing and dance while moving around the house. I feel my heart swell with joy thinking of the previous hours with Jade, loving that she does have this hold on me. I know I should hate the fact that I love her, but I can't. It feels good to feel like this, I don't ever want to stop thinking about her.