Chapter 10.) No Plan

"What about Hope?" Jason said. Morgan lifted her head. "She bunks with Logan. No."

"She's nothing like her. I'll bet she can keep secrets. Who else should we choose. Anyone else have any ideas?"

"We don't know Hope. Ryan and Dennis were rowdy. Probably not a good idea."

"There's Dave." I spoke up.

"We don't know him very well."

"Morgan, Hope is completely different."

"I don't know her, Evelyn. I'm sure I can trust you, but we need to make sure that we know them well enough before we let anyone in with what we're doing."

"So, who's going to take Dawn's job?" Nick asked.

"I will. Jason, you'll stick to Kathy, and I'll get Gail at the tablet guide. Does anyone else want to help Evelyn at SRA or should I do it?"

"Me. I can handle it." Noelle said. Morgan seemed reluctant at first, but agreed.

• • •
Later in the day, during dinner, we quietly talked about the video that we all saw on our tablets. We still didn't understand why we saw them. Did the rebels put them there? Or was it already meant to be there? I felt so uncomfortable talking about it, since I knew two people that were there. When I finished, I told everyone that I was tired, so I was going to go back to my dorm. When I did get there, I continued reading Everlasting. When I heard some of the girls coming, I ducked under my covers and pretended I was asleep. When they came in, I recognized them as Savana, Paige, and Dawn. They were talking about the guys here.

"Who do you think is the cutest?" Paige asked Dawn.

"Well, even though I shouldn't think that way because my match is dead, I honestly think no one comes close to Nick's cuteness."

Oh my gosh. Seriously? I thought Dawn was my friend. She was matched. I'm not. He's even matched, to Logan! Wait, I'm not matched yet. My birthday is in 6 days! I'm going to be matched soon. Oh no.

Heyy!! Short chapter, sorry. Thanks for all the reads! Ilysm! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow (I always look at your comments :3) Also, I'm not going to be able to do anything here for today and tomorrow. I'm going on a retreat and I'm staying all day & overnight at my school, and all day tomorrow. Plus, Super Bowl Sunday is coming up, and my family's going over to a friend's house for it. Anyways, have a great day and happy Super Bowl!

Ashley 😘