day thirteen

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:19‬ ‭

Sometimes, it just feels like we're stuck. Especially during this quarantine, going through life can feel like trying to walk through quicksand, stuck in the same place for so long. Walking through this tunnel of uncertainty with no light in sight is exhausting, and no matter how hard we try, sometimes it just feels like we're not even moving. 

But when you stop and look back at the progress you've made, you can see how far you've come. Look back for a moment at where you came from. You came a long way, and has God not pulled you out of the quicksand countless times already? Maybe it was after a long, long period of waiting, but it came. And sometimes, the waiting is the part of the journey where we move forward the farthest.

When we have to wait, we have to trust God that He is going to do a new thing when the time is right. The longer we have to wait, the stronger that trust has to be, and when the breakthrough finally comes, we will be stronger and more faithful than we were before. If you're waiting for the next thing to come in your life, embrace the wait! Use it as a time to strengthen your trust that God has your plan all figured out as you patiently hope for the next river in your dry wasteland.