63

When I got back to the house Mia was already asleep in the backseat. I smiled down at her as I carefully undid the straps on her car seat. She started to cry as I pulled her out, "shhhh it's okay sweet girl." I soothed and rubbed her back as I leaned against the car.

"She okay?" Kat asked as she got out of her car, "yeah, I just woke her up." I said and bounced her until she calmed down, "here can you take her?" I asked as my cane started to slip from under me. "Yeah. Hi Mia!" She cooed and took her from me.

As I went to readjust my cane I looked down to see a spider resting on my hand. I screamed and went to run away but ended up faceplanting into the ground. Kat burst into laughter as I brushed my hand off violently, "IS IT OFF!?" I yelled and flipped over to look up at Kat. "It's gone! Oh my god!" She yelled as she died of laughter.

"I HATE spiders!" I whined as I looked down at my scuffed up palms. "I'm so sorry for laughing but that was hilarious." She said and reached her hand down to help me up. "Honestly it was pretty funny so I don't blame you." I said with a laugh and stood up. "You ate shit." She said as Mia started giggling with her.

"Oh you think it's funny? I'll remember that when you start walking." I said to her and pinched her cheek. "You're so cute though." I mumbled then took her from Kat again.

When we got inside we immediately went to the kitchen. "So....Are you going to go with Colby when they film for their show?" She asked as she cut some fruit up. "No, I don't think so." I said and pulled my hair into a ponytail so I could feed Mia.

"Are you going with Sam?" I asked and she shrugged, "I don't think so, I think they should do this by themselves." She said with a sad smile. "I guess we get to just hang out all the time then," I said and started feeding Mia the carrot baby food I had opened.

Devyn and Tara eventually came in to join us for breakfast, "so are you so excited for your honeymoon?" Devyn asked as she stirred the cream in her coffee. "Yes! If it actually ends up happening." I said with a laugh, "what do you mean? It has to happen, it's your honeymoon! Technically you should be on it right now." Tara said causing me to shrug.

"If they want to start filming the series immediately then I'm not gonna hold him back. Fiji isn't going anywhere." I said and ate a piece of pineapple.

"Wow you're being cooler than I would be about this." Kat said as I shrugged again, "we will go eventually. If I need to wait another month then I'll wait another month." I said with a sigh.

I was really hoping it wouldn't get postponed though. I wanted to just be with Colby alone on a tropical vacation, with no distractions.

I meant what I said though, I wouldn't come between him and his dreams, no matter how badly I needed a vacation.

Once we finished breakfast I cleaned up the kitchen and brought Mia upstairs. I needed to give her a bath so I started filling the tub as I bounced her on my hip.

She giggled as I put her in the water. "Yes! It's fun!" I cooed and splashed the water in front of her. "Hi my beautiful girls." Colby said as he walked into the bathroom. "Hey babe." I said and looked up at him with a smile.

"How was the trip to the airport?" He asked and sat down next to me, leaning against the bathtub. "It was fine, how was your meeting?" I asked and washed Mia's hair.

"It was good, we start filming in a couple weeks. Right after our honeymoon." He said and winked at me, "we don't have to postpone?!" I asked with a huge smile. "Nope! I asked if they minded waiting until we came back." I giggled and tackled him with a hug, "thank you babe!!" I yelled as he caught us from falling over. "You're welcome Cor, it's the least I could do since I'm leaving you for a month." He said as I leaned away to continue Mia's bath.

"It's okay, being apart might be good, because it makes time together more special." I said throwing his advice back at him. "But....I'll miss you." He said and frowned, "I'll miss you too, but one month apart won't kill us." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Easy for you to say miss I have almost died like 6 times in the past year." He said and fixed his hair, "that's dramatic. It was like 3." I said and stood up, pulling Mia out of the bath. Colby grabbed a towel and held it open so I could wrap Mia in it. "Just promise me you'll be safe when I'm gone, I don't think my heart could take it if something happened to you again." He said causing me to smile and bring my hand to his cheek, "I will if you will." I said quietly as he sighed, "deal." He mumbled and kissed my hand.

As I went to pull my hand away he noticed my palms were scuffed up, "what happened?" He asked with confusion lacing his voice, "oh I ate shit in the driveway, there was a spider on me." I said causing him to laugh, "oh jeeze, Cor. I swear you need to be wrapped in bubble wrap." He said and rubbed his finger along the rough skin.

"Yeah, I hate that I agree with you on that." I said and started walking to the nursery. "So what are you doing tonight?" He asked and followed me, "uhhhh. Nothing I guess why?" I asked and he smiled, "we should plan our honeymoon a little more, like map out the days. There's a lot to do." He said which sent a shockwave of excitement through my chest. "Yes! Let's do that!" I said happily as I got Mia changed so she could take a nap.

As soon as she was asleep Colby and I went into the office to start planning our trip.

We were going to be there for 5 days, which was super exciting. We planned on doing so many activities but I was worried I still wouldn't be fully healed enough to do them. We wanted to go on hikes and go snorkeling and even cliff dive. I would just have to work hard in the next few weeks to be able to ditch the cane then I would be good.

I had to be good.

"Hey what are you guys up to?" Sam asked as he came into the office. "Honeymoon planning." Colby said as we read the screen. "Oooo sounds fun. When you're done I have to talk to you, Cora." He said as I sucked in a breath, "am I in trouble?" I asked as he chuckled, "no. I just have to talk to you." He said as I frowned.

"Go ahead, I'll keep looking for things." Colby said and nodded his head over to where Sam was standing. "Okay." I said then got up and followed Sam.

"What's up?" I asked as we walked into his room, "I'm worried about Kat." He said and I frowned, "why? Oh no is something wrong with her?" I asked feeling the anxiety boiling up. "No! No she's okay, I think she's just really gonna have a hard time while Colby and I are filming." He said and combed his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, but don't worry. I'm gonna make sure she's okay Sam. We are in this together." I said and gave him a soft smile. "I know you'll be there for her but just make sure she doesn't boil over..I know she holds stuff in sometimes." He said with a sigh, "I won't. I promise." I said and gave him a big hug.

"Thanks Cor." He said and rubbed my back. "Your welcome Sammy." I said then got up to go back to Colby.

"Everything okay?" He asked and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "yep! Can we get some chipotle? I promised Kat I would get her some for helping with the airport today." I said and he smirked, "yeah, I love chipotle. Go ahead and order it through postmates." He said as I rested my head on his shoulder. "You got it." I said then started ordering the food as he scrolled through travel sites still.

We spent the rest of the night hanging out and eating our Chipotle. We had loosely planned most of our trip and I was so excited.

I seriously couldn't wait for our honeymoon.