64

The next few weeks flew by. I had been working tirelessly trying to get my strength up to be able to walk without a cane.

I was about 98% healed though, which meant I felt almost no pain except for the occasional headache. It took almost two months but I was finally healed from the surgery.

Today was the day we left for our honeymoon and honestly I could not be more excited, we have been married for almost 3 weeks at this point and it was great but I have been dying to go on this love getaway.

"Did you pack your passport?!" I called from the closet as I frantically made sure I had everything packed, "yeah baby I have everything, come on we are going to miss our flight! We have to say goodbye to Mia too." He said which made me frown.

That was the only bad part about this, I hated leaving her, but it was only for five days. We would survive. She has gotten so big though, she's already trying to start walking. What if she started when I was gone? I just wish I could push the pause button so she wouldn't grow any more.

"I'm coming!" I yelled and threw my bag onto my shoulder. Colby looked at me and laughed as I rushed into the room, "why are you running?" He asked and casually threw his bag onto his shoulder, "you just said we were going to miss our flight?" I accused as he chuckled, "yeah that was just to get you to hurry up. We still have like two and a half hours until we board. That's PLENTY of time." He said causing me to roll my eyes, "you're a douche." I said and walked passed him to go say goodbye to Mia.

"A douche that you love!" He called out after me as I rolled my eyes, "yeah yeah, piss off the girl that gives you sex, great idea." I grumbled and walked into the nursery.

"Hi Mia!" I yelled to Mia who was wiggling happily in her crib, "oohhh look at you." I said and picked her up, craddling her closely to my chest. "I'm gonna miss you so much." I said with a frown as she giggled.

It kind of hurt to know she wasn't going to understand that we were leaving until we were gone for a while but we already have scheduled FaceTimes with her so she could see our faces. "Hey princess." Colby cooed as he walked into the room and she held her arms out to him.

"Do you think she's going to secretly hate us for leaving her?" I asked and bit my lip as Colby shook his head, "no, I think she will be sad and confused in the moment but once we come back she will forget it even happened." He said as I sighed and ran my fingers through her hair. "I hope so." I whispered then leaned over and kissed her head.

"Hey are you guys ready to go?" Sam asked as he popped his head in the doorway, "yeah, in a minute. We will meet you down there." Colby said and bounced Mia.

"We have to go now little one, but we will be back in five days." He explained as she looked up at him with a blank expression. "You don't understand what I'm saying, but you do understand this." He said then peppered her face with kisses causing her to giggle loudly. "Goodbye princess I love you." He said then handed her off to me.

"I'm gonna go put our stuff in the car." Colby said as he took my bag from me, "okay I'll be down in a minute." I said and caressed Mia's soft cheek with the back of my finger as he left the room.

"Goodbye sweet girl. Mommy isn't leaving you forever...just a couple days. I would never leave you for forever. I promise." I said feeling myself start to choke up. She looked up at me and smiled before throwing her head to my chest, almost as if she was giving me a hug. "I love you sweet girl. I'll see you in 5 days. It will fly by I promise." I said and kissed her head before laying her back down in the crib. I placed her favorite teddy bear next to her then turned to leave the room.

A few tears slid down my cheek as the emotions of leaving her filled my chest. I knew I would forget this pain and have a good time but this was the first real time I was leaving her and I just didn't want her to think we were abandoning her. It was ridiculous to think like that, but the traumas of my past really messed with me sometimes.