47

"Come on Cora! You can do it!" My physical therapist Susan said as we did laps with just a cane.

It's been another two and a half weeks and I was almost fully healed. I still needed a cane to walk but I was working really hard to get rid of it for the most part by the weekend.

I wanted to suprise Colby by walking down the aisle without a cane, so I was pushing myself extra hard.

"Fuck you Susan." I said through gritted teeth as I walked to her. "That's it, good girl." She said ignoring the fact that I just cursed at her. "Alright take a break and we will try again in a minute." She said as I leaned against the wall, taking a sip of water from my water bottle. I was at the doctor's office today rather than at home. Colby and Sam were filming a video at home so I didn't want to disrupt them with my therapy.

"Are you excited for Saturday?" Susan asked as I stretched the muscles in my legs. "Yeah, I am. It's weird to think I would have been married right now if I didn't have to have this stupid surgery." I said and sighed, "yeah, it's pretty weird to think about but it's going to be so fun. You're really getting stronger each day so you might not have to have the cane much on that night. She said and I smiled, "hopefully! Knowing Colby though he will make me use it all night." I said with a sigh as she grabbed my water bottle from me.

"Speaking of Colby, let's practice walking without it, for when you walk down the aisle." She said and grabbed my arm, linking it with hers.

I struggled a little bit but made it mostly down the fake aisle without scrunching my face too much.

Tara came in as I finished, since she was picking me up today. "Tara! I want to show you something!" I yelled as she looked at me with a shocked look on her face. "Susan! Give me a lift!" I yelled happily as I stood up off the floor. I threw my cane on the ground and started walking with Susan holding onto me loosely.

"Cora! That's amazing!" She yelled and clapped for me. "I'm gonna suprise Colby at the wedding by walking down the aisle without the cane." I said happily as I bent down to pick the cane up.

It's unbelievable that I just a few weeks ago I couldn't even move my hands, and now I'm walking like a pro. I guess the brain bounces back faster than you think it will.

"Dude he's gonna lose his shit. That's such a great surprise!" She said and grabbed my bag for me, "thanks for the session Susan. Sorry for cussing you out." I said as we walked out. "I know it's your coping mechanism, it's fine. I won't see you though until after the wedding, so try to practice walking without the cane at least once a day." She said and I waved.

The next time I would be here I would be Mrs. Brock.

That was weird to think about.

I got in Tara's car and sighed, "wow I'm sore." I said and leaned my head against the seat as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Kat is asking us to run an errand for her if that's okay." Tara said as she turned in a direction that was away from the house, "what kind of errand?" I asked and looked out the window at the sky. "She wants us to swing by and pick up the guys tuxes. They won't have time before Saturday to do it." I nodded,

"Yeah, that's important. Let's go!" I yelled and danced in my seat. "You're in such a good mood! What's going on?" Tara asked as I turned the music up, "I'm getting married in 5 days. 5 DAYS. I'm so excited." I said and grinned "you're adorable." She said as we pulled into the tux place.

"Is it bad luck if I see the tux before the wedding?" I asked and Tara bursted into laughter, "no, I don't think that's how that works but I'll go in and get them." She said then went inside while I pulled my phone out and scrolled through Twitter and Instagram.

The fans were all so excited about the wedding, but I had a little bit of fear that someone would try to crash it.

I tried to not let the fans scare me anymore but with everything that happened with Stephanie I knew I would never feel safe around them. It made me sad though, because most of them were sweet to me now.

I shook my head and tried to push those thoughts away as Tara got back in the car. "Tuxes are laid down in the trunk!" She yelled excitedly then started the car.

"Thank god they remembered to get their tuxes fitted...I love your boyfriend but I could see him wearing pajama pants to my wedding." I said causing her to laugh, "if he doesn't, I will! That sounds so much more comfortable." She said and I sighed, "honestly thinking about wearing Colby's sweatpants under my dress." I said as she pulled into the driveway. "I support that decision." She said and got out of the car to grab the tuxes.

I had to admit I was really tired now because I did the walk without the cane twice, but I was still able to stumble into the house by myself.

When I got to the front door it was locked which caused me to groan. I didn't have the strength of energy to grab my key so I knocked on the door and just waited as Tara struggled with the big bags of tuxes, "I'm sorry I'm useless." I said to Tara as the door opened.

I wasn't expecting the person who opened it to open the door though.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled happily as I collapsed into my dad's arms. "You're not supposed to get here until Thursday!" I cried out as Colby filmed us. "I thought I would surprise you squirt." He said and rocked me back and forth. I started crying from the happiness I felt as I held onto him.

I didn't even realize how much I needed a hug from him until I was crying into his shoulder. "It's okay squirt, I'm here. I'm right here." He said quietly as he rubbed my hair down. Once I pulled away I wiped my eyes and looked over at Colby who was still filming but also had Mia tucked into his other arm, "YOU." I said and pointed to him, "I know you did this." I said and shakily made my over to him as he set his camera down.

He wrapped his free arm around me and planted a kiss on my head, "whyever would you think that?" He asked with a smirk, "because of that cute little smirk on your face." I said and pinched his cheeks with one hand, giving him a little fishy face. I giggled at the sight then lowered his face to mine so I could give him a kiss.

"Thank you." I said quietly as he wrapped his arm around me again so I wouldn't have to hold all of my weight anymore.

"You're welcome baby girl, you deserve this." He said and looked at my dad who was looking at the video Michelle had recorded of him surprising me. "God, I love you." I said and rested my head on his chest.

"Can someone please help me now?!" Tara groaned as she tried to carry in all of the tuxes. "Sorry Tara!" Colby exclaimed as he walked me over to the stairs so I could sit and hold Mia.

I bounced her on my knees as I watched them carry the tuxes in. "Are you excited little girl?" I asked as Mia giggled loudly. She looked up at me with a smile as I kissed her cheek, blowing the air out of my mouth to make a funny noise against her skin. She laughed even louder sending warmth through my whole body. I loved her so much.

Dad and Michelle eventually came over to me as Colby and Tara went to Sam and Kat's room. "Hey Michelle." I said with a smile as Mia leaned into me more. "Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked and I smiled widely, "doing better every day. I'm so excited for this weekend!" I said and bounced up and down which caused Mia to giggle but also my head to hurt.

"I know you're excited but take it easy, I actually want to walk my daughter down the aisle on Saturday." He said and planted a kiss on my head. "You got it, Dad." I said and saluted him as he pulled Mia into his arms.

I stood up and slowly made my way to the kitchen, where Colby was finishing up dinner, "hey baby." He said and looked up at me as I wobbled in.

"Hey." I said quietly as I sat at the island, "can you believe that this time next week we will be husband and wife?" He asked and smiled at me, "I can't believe it's so soon. I'm so excited, Colby. I just want to marry you right now!" I exclaimed as he ran over to pepper my face with kisses, causing me to giggle.

"Five days baby." He said then pulled me into his chest.

"Five days." I repeated quietly as he kissed my head.