Chapter 13

The next morning, I sat up in bed thinking to myself.
I lost my baby. Sure I wasn't too sure how I would tell everyone, but I still wanted it. I wanted a kid. I was ready for a kid deep down.

A knock came to my door, "Alex?"

"Come in." I said lightly.

Edward walked in the door and walked towards me. "How are you?"

"I'm ...okay." I lied.
Of course I'm not okay.

"I'm really sorry." He said as he pulled up a chair next to my bed. "I didn't know that you were pregnant."

"No one did." I told him sadly.

"Harry did."

"Just Harry."
I wasn't really wanting to have this conversation right now.

"Why didn't you tell us?" He asked feeling offended.

I shook my head, "I didn't want Liam to know right away. He hates kids, I was going to warm him up with the idea of it first."

"I could have helped, Alex." He said in an angered tone.

"Maybe. But I wasn't about to tell you."
Why would I?! It's Edward!

Edward leaned in, "Why not?"

"I wasn't sure how you would feel either." I explained, "I don't owe you anything Edward. It's none of your business."
Why would I tell Edward? With us having a thing in the past, it just seemed too weird.

"Just because you fell for my brother and not me, doesn't mean I'll be hurt to find out your pregnant or if you were to get married I'd be crushed." He explained, "Sure Alex, I like you. But not in that way."

"I just didn't know..." My voice trailed off.

"Well Alex, I came to tell you that Liam is awake now. You can see him." Ed said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Really?" I asked, "Does...does he know?"

"I'm not sure." He said sympathetically, "I haven't seen him."

Edward held out a hand for me to take. I did cautiously and he helped me out of bed and out the door.
"I got it from here." I told him, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." He smiled, "He's in that room right there." He pointed.

I slowly walked to the room.
What if Liam does know? Will he be mad that I didn't tell him?
I reached for the door knob and opened the door.
"Li?" I whispered.

"Come in."
I walked in the room, and shut the door behind me. He was sitting up, crossing his arms. "Alex. Hi."

"Liam, I'm so glad you're okay." I sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He knows.
"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the baby?" He asked.

"I wasn't sure how to tell you. You don't like kids so I was just-"

"I may not like kids, Alex, but you should have told me. I would have done things a lot differently." He said sternly. "I would have been a lot more careful around you."

I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

"How were we even going to take care of it, huh? Back at home, away from everyone else? You don't know what to do with a baby. I certainly don't know what to do with a baby." He started.

"It doesn't matter anymore, okay? The baby is gone. There's nothing to worry about." I cried.

"Alex. Stop crying."

"No! You don't understand, Liam! I wanted this baby! It was my baby! Our baby! You don't know what it's like knowing you lost a child that YOU were carrying." I shouted.

"Come here." He motioned to me, "Please."
I shuffled toward Liam and he patted the bed beside him. I climbed into bed with him and he laches onto me.
"I love you, Alex. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

---

After we were released from the hospital, Liam and I decided it was time to go back home. And after saying our goodbyes, we left. Mom let us take her car while Liam's was totaled.

Durning the ride home it was awkwardly quiet. We didn't say a word to each other the whole way back.

When we finally reached the house, we piled out and took in our things. I started the laundry right away to avoid talking. Liam must have known my doings because he followed me and took my arm.
"Alex. Talk to me."

"I don't know what to say." I admitted.

"Just talk. Say anything. Tell me you love me." He begged, looking deeply into my eyes.

"I love you Liam." I said quietly.

Liam pulled me into him and hugged me close. "I don't like us being like this."
He grabbed the laundry basket and set it aside.
"You don't need that. It's almost eight o'clock."
Then he scooped me up and carried me to bed, cuddling up with me.
"We need sleep. It's been a long day."

"It's only eight." I told him.

"I don't care. We need to relax. You need to relax." He said, nuzzling his head into my neck. "Please sleep."

"Okay. Okay." I replied, wrapping my arms around him. "goodnight Liam."

"Goodnight Alex."
-------
(A/N:)

Sorry this chapter is short. I haven't been able to write in a while. Now that school is back and so is dance, it's been...stressful.

I'll try to update as much as I can

-Bree
XOXO