Disclaimer!

Heya! This is the Jo of 2020, and I wanted to write a quick disclaimer for this fanfic.

Okay, first of all, this fanfic is ancient. I wrote it back in late middle school / early high school--a good six or so years ago, I think? Just, a long long time ago. It's just very outdated, and I have since improved my writing (or, at least, I like to think that I have). As such, it is no longer really up to my personal standards.

I don't think I'm going to take this story down at the moment, simply because people still read it and seem to enjoy it. If you do enjoy it--that's awesome! I appreciate you so so so much! I don't personally like it anymore, as the writer, but I recognize that others are allowed to enjoy it, and if you do, cool! This fi was a critical part of my process in growing as a writer, which I also have to recognize and respect, even if I look back at it and cringe a bit. As such, I don't think I'll be taking it down.

Now that I've become more aware of...well, various things, I wanted to provide some warnings for this fic, because there is some heavy stuff discussed. The thought of providing a list of potential triggers didn't occur to baby writer Josie (because, let's be honest, baby writer Josie was an idiot), but I'd rather add it belatedly than not at all.

Warnings: abusive parents, assault, guns, hospitalization, pregnancy, depression, PTSD, very very bad writing

If there are any others you think I should add, let me know!

Anyways, if you still wish to continue reading, then onwards we go! And if you'd rather click off of this instead--that's totally fine and understandable too. Either way, I hope that you have a lovely rest of your day (or night or whatever)! <3