11-Say (All I Need)

WARNING: More "girl stuff" referenced. Don't say I didn't warn ya!
***
Chapter Eleven * Say (All I Need) -
You stood in front of a large, gray concrete building, looking up at the tall thing with wide eyes.
"This is our headquarters," Hal informed, coming up behind you.
She slipped her hand down to hold yours, and to your extreme surprise and fright, Near did the same.
You gasped and wrenched your hand out of his.
"Don't think this is enjoyed," he said with a slightly pompous look in his eyes. "It's to ensure you don't run. Be glad I'm not the original L, because he would've used handcuffs."
He looked at you, then slipped his hand back into position.
You gritted your teeth and forced yourself to calm down.
"Let's go," you said nervously, and the awkward chain of three you were in shuffled forward.
The guy Hal and Near called Commander Rester led the way, stopping every so often to point out rooms you could and couldn't go into. He named them all, too (i.e. the second door on the left, which was the kitchen).
At last, though, he stopped in front of a room, a bedroom that he pronounced was Hal's.
He walked into it, and then walked through a door on the left wall. This door, in turn, led to a small hallway with a bathroom, and to another living space.
"This is your bedroom," he said to you. "I trust you'll be all right?"
You looked around at the plain room.
There was a large four-poster bed, with a medium-sized desk in a corner, a small window (that was probably bulletproof and unbreakable like the others), a chair, and two bookshelves. Everything was a generic shade of brown, gray, black, or white.
"So through Hal's room is the only way I can leave my room?" you asked cautiously. It didn't particularly matter, but it did slightly freak you out.
"Yes," Hal spoke up. "It's just another precaution. We don't want you escaping."
You gave a forced, strangled laugh. "It's almost like I'm a prisoner!"
"You are, to a certain extent. After all, you did try to escape earlier," Near cut in.
You nodded, your throat dry and parched and wishing for water. But you'd have to find out where and how to get that later.
"We'll leave you to get settled. I'll come get you for dinner," Hal announced, and with that the three FBI members left.
You sighed and flopped down on your bed.
Then, after a moment, you had to force yourself to get up and leave your room to go to the bathroom down the tiny hall.
While in there you examined your underwear closely.
You had put on a pad, but it didn't seem to be of much use. There were only a few spots of blood, anyways.
"Great," you murmured with another sigh; this one annoyed. Sarcastic Girl the not-so-superhero was back. "I've got murdering parents, become an apparent prisoner here, and have a whacked up period to boot. Just great. I think this is the best off I've ever been."
But though it didn't have much of a job to perform, you still replaced your pad. After all, there was no telling when your femininity would decide to go back to normal and stop with the weirdness that was currently going on.
Then you disposed of your feminine products, thoroughly washed your hands, and left to go lie on your bed again.
You stared up at the ceiling for who knows how long, before turning on your side and staring at the wall.
Gosh, you were so tired.
You decided to just go to sleep and skip dinner. After all, they probably had terrible food here.
"Hmm," you muttered thoughtfully. "Well, I've got a place to stay, despite the plainness of it all. I've got food, no matter how terrible, and I'd assume there's water, too. I'm breathing, although this damn wound makes it hurt every time I do, and I'm alive. I'm free."
You paused to let it sink in for the umpteenth time.
"I'm free," you whispered in triumph, a small but true smile finding its way onto your cracked lips. (You made a note to beg Hal for chap stick.) "My God, I'm actually free."
You felt as if the sun's rays were finally shining on you; felt as if your bleak and unending night had abruptly left you forever, with a nice, warm, and sunny day left in its stead.
You sighed, something you seemed to be doing more and more frequently. However this one was a slightly happy sigh. Maybe you could get through this, after all.
You slipped under your new bed's plain, creamy white cover, and you drew it around you. You then closed your eyes, finally feeling somewhat safe for the first time in years.
Unbeknown to you, Hal was watching through a small crack in the door way. She turned and left after about a minute, though, satisfied.
But another thing that was unbeknown to you was that your small bubble of safety and hope was about to be completely destroyed, and that the dark and dreaded night would soon be returning to you.