Bonus Epilogue-Life in Color

Here we go!

(P.S. Even if you do this year, pretend you don't have school on your birthday. If it's over a holiday, don't worry about it, but for those that it's during the school year, pretend it's on a weekend.)

*

You woke up that morning feeling...different. You weren't sure how or why, but you just...did.

You got of of bed, rubbing your eyes. You didn't feel very sleepy...in fact, you felt kinda excited. Why?

"Huh," you muttered to yourself.

And then you looked at the calendar.

You gasped, eyes wide. "Oh my gosh!" you breathed. Then you contemplated doing an awkward victory dance, but decided against it.

You smiled the biggest smile you had ever smiled, which was actually saying something, as you had become more comfortable with showing when you were happy by now.

It was your birthday.

You were officially eighteen now.

You gasped. You were an adult now. You could train to join Near's team now...

...or get as far away from said team as you wanted.

That was a sobering thought.

You thought about it. You could leave behind the people who still served as reminders of your life before. But...those people, they were...friends, you supposed. They definitely could be trusted. And they had helped you get over your life before, so did you really want to turn your back on them...?

You shook off the thoughts. Regardless, you were staying here until you finished school.

You quickly got dressed, allowing a small smile to remain on your face as you did so. Then you were off to breakfast, somehow so happy that you practically skipped down to the kitchen.

"Good morning!" you called excitedly upon entering the kitchen/dining area. You wondered who would remember that it was your birthday first.

But everyone was acting normally.

"'Morning," Rester grunted, not looking up from his laptop.

Matsuda waved, smiling cheerfully. "Good morning, ______!" Then he went back to talking with Aizawa, who nodded respectfully at you before responding to something that Matsuda said.

And Near...Near didn't even acknowledge you, although you knew that he knew you were here.

"Morning, squirt!" You suddenly felt a hand ruffle your hair.

You turned around. "Oh. Hi, Hal."

She smiled at you. "Rester burnt the biscuits, so I made chocolate chip pancakes, if you want some. I was in the mood for something sweet."

You nodded, your childish grin slowly sliding from your face.

But no one seemed to remember that it was your birthday.

"I'm not actually very hungry," you mumbled quietly, turning to leave the room, ignoring your stomach's loud protest.

Hal frowned, hearing your stomach grumble. "But-"

"I said I'm not!" you suddenly snapped, making the entire room fall silent as you actively expressed an emotion that you usually didn't show.

You stomped out of the room. "And I'm not a 'squirt.'"

The others looked at each other, bewildered, then shrugged and went back to work.

.........

You stomped out of the compound, wallet in hand, your eyes glazed over with tears that you refused to let fall.