Chapter 21

I don't exactly remember how many weeks it has passed since my birthday, I just remember being deeply happy. I remember being satisfied with my life, with myself, for the first time in a very long time. I had stopped missing Zac, I didn't had nightmares anymore, I slept better than ever, I laughed out loud and boy I was so happy, contagiously happy. You know the kind where your happiness makes other people happy?

But there was one uncertainty that stayed with me in the back of my head. An uncertainty that I avoided thinking about at late nights, I believed that I'd never have to face that but life simply had other plans for me.

"Hello?"

"Erik" I breathed out, my voice trembling. "He texted me" the words jumbled up due to my nervousness but I knew he'd understand what I was saying just fine.

"Where are you?" He asked in his usual calm and collected voice.

I dragged in a deep breath and closed my eyes before sitting down on my bed. "Home"  I said, clutching the phone to my ear as if his voice was the only thing that could give me the strength to save myself.

"I'm coming" He said.

I ended the call, closed my eyes and took a deep breath, and another, then another. A while later, I had somewhat controlled my breathing. I stared at my phone where Zac's text blinked, mocking me.

Hey.

That single text was the uncertainty. The uncertainty of what would happen after he breaks up with the girl he left me for.

Zac's best friend who I had been in touch with after our break up, informed me in the morning that the girl he cheated on me with had left him. Why? She cheated on him too. It was obvious that the girl who was ready to cheat with him would cheat on him someday, and it was something I had predicted long back.

Well Karma did it's part pretty quick since it had been only four months from our breakup.

I had no reaction to it, rather I didn't knew how to react to it. But what happened after that, had moved me to the mess I was now.

I had deleted Zac's number after he had blocked me from everywhere when we broke up. Facebook, Instagram... Name it and he had me blocked from there.

So imagine my shock when I got a friend request from him, that too accompanied by a text from him.

I was scared that he would wreck my happiness again. So damn scared that my hands shivered while I dialled Erik's number. I couldn't call my friends because support wasn't something I needed to face this. I needed someone who could sort my thoughts out and tell me what's right.

I heard the door open.

"Trinity"

Erik.

I didn't hold myself back as I rose up from my bed and wrapped my arms around his shoulder. He pressed his cheeks against my head and kept silent. Giving me the assurance I needed. That's how he was, he understood that we didn't always need inspiring words, sometimes all we needed was the mere presence.

A few minutes later, he made me sit down on the bed and offered me a glass of water and a chocolate. Typical Erik.

He said that ever since he read about Professor Lupin giving chocolates to Harry Potter during their patronus charm classes, he found it to be the best way to calm a person.